Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I wondered if any late model Boxer owners might be able to tell me what the cup looking item is in the following picture:

Accordo%20Cup_zps379ph0mp.png

Is it a cup?, seems to have some sort of electrical connection on the bottom. I haven’t received my vehicle yet and I see some pictures with it fitted and others not.

I have no idea what it is/does, but know I cannot live any longer without it!!

Brian

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's an ashtray (or container for bits and bobs) which can be pulled out for emptying. We had one in our Citroen Berlingo.

The two sockets (the left one of which has a cigarette lighter in it) are completely separate.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
It's the ashtray, in the form of a cup. same as shoguns, volvo trucks,fiat ducato's etc.
The electric things are the 12v sockets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brian_K

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
It's the ashtray, in the form of a cup. same as shoguns, volvo trucks,fiat ducato's etc.
The electric things are the 12v sockets.

Thanks, damm I'll have to take up smoking cigarettes again :confused:

Sorry, I meant it seemed to have some electrical connection on the bottom of the "cup", I assume now this is a screw to enable turing the space into a proper cup holder.

Brian

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014

Sorry, I meant it seemed to have some electrical connection on the bottom of the "cup", I assume now this is a screw to enable turing the space into a proper cup holder.

Brian
Well, I have found that if you take the 'ashtray' out, you can fit a medium Caramel Latte Cooler (with extra cream) from Costa in there! Perfect! :drink:

OP
OP
Brian_K

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Well, I have found that if you take the 'ashtray' out, you can fit a medium Caramel Latte Cooler (with extra cream) from Costa in there! Perfect! :drink:

Good enough, although I'm a Cappuccino man myself, on a long journey with an extra shot :Eeek:

Brian

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We use ours to keep euros handy for tolls... (n)
..... cash for the laundry (n)(n)(n) and the toll bridge into Wales (y)(y)(y)

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We coil the wire from our Tom Tom up and put it in ours, looks a lot neater than having it trailing all over the dash board.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Used for change, as all car parks up hear cost a bloody fortune!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Brian
It should be a screw under the removable rubber base. This, plus a number of plastic clip lugs is what secures the panel that contains this, the 12v sockets, hazard switch, etc to the rest of the dashboard.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm not sure if this will work with the latest Boxer/Ducato but it does on ours (2003 Ducato).

Buy a tub of Broken Link Removed and push the empty tub into the cup holder. The top is just right for mounting the sat nav. See photos.
snmount6.jpg
snmount8.jpg

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I'm not sure if this will work with the latest Boxer/Ducato but it does on ours (2003 Ducato).

Buy a tub of Broken Link Removed and push the empty tub into the cup holder. The top is just right for mounting the sat nav. See photos.
View attachment 80661 View attachment 80662

Surely having the Nav that close to the radio would cause interference ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely having the Nav that close to the radio would cause interference ?
Not in our experience. Certainly no electrical interference. The sat nav instruction voice is loud enough to hear above the radio.

When you think about it, in positional terms it isn't much different from using a vent mount for a sat nav in a car.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Not in our experience. Certainly no electrical interference. The sat nav instruction voice is loud enough to hear above the radio.

When you think about it, in positional terms it isn't much different from using a vent mount for a sat nav in a car.

On our van putting the Garmin Nav anywhere near the radio sets of crackling.. The Nav instructions say not to put the Nav near the radio and in our case they were right.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On our van putting the Garmin Nav anywhere near the radio sets of crackling.. The Nav instructions say not to put the Nav near the radio and in our case they were right.
Very strange, I've never heard of that.

I've used both the Noza Tec and the Garmin Camper 760 in the position shown by the photos without problems. I've also used a TomTom Go 820 and Garmin Nuvi 2569 with vent mounts just above the radio in our Skoda Roomster, also without any problems.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Very strange, I've never heard of that.

I've used both the Noza Tec and the Garmin Camper 760 in the position shown by the photos without problems. I've also used a TomTom Go 820 and Garmin Nuvi 2569 with vent mounts just above the radio in our Skoda Roomster, also without any problems.

I mounted our Garmin directly above the radio in our van which is a late model Boxer. I bought one of those round had plastic pads from Halfords and stuck that on the dash and put the Nav on that. It was a great place for us as both of us could see it clearly which with my hopeless sense of direction was great.

But the crackling on the radio was irritating ! The wife read the Garmin handbook which stated clearly that the large magnets in the unit will interfere with electronic devices if close by.. Dopey here had been tuning in the radio thinking it was that.

The nav now resides to the right of the steering wheel up on the dash and all is well. Except of course the gaffer cant see it and help me out.. Mmmmmm

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I mounted our Garmin directly above the radio in our van which is a late model Boxer. I bought one of those round had plastic pads from Halfords and stuck that on the dash and put the Nav on that. It was a great place for us as both of us could see it clearly which with my hopeless sense of direction was great.

But the crackling on the radio was irritating ! The wife read the Garmin handbook which stated clearly that the large magnets in the unit will interfere with electronic devices if close by.. Dopey here had been tuning in the radio thinking it was that.

The nav now resides to the right of the steering wheel up on the dash and all is well. Except of course the gaffer cant see it and help me out.. Mmmmmm
I've just checked the manuals for the Camper 760 and Nuvi 2569. Both have the same Safety and Product Information which includes
Magnet Warning
Both the device and its mount may contain magnets. Under certain circumstances, magnets may cause interference with some internal medical devices, including pacemakers and insulin pumps. Devices and mounts that contain magnets should be kept away from such medical devices.
Magnet notice
Both the device and its mount may contain magnets. Under certain circumstances, magnets may cause damage to some electronic devices, including hard drives in laptop computers. Use caution when devices and mounts that contain magnets are near electronic devices.
but I've never noticed any radio interference.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Good enough, although I'm a Cappuccino man myself, on a long journey with an extra shot :Eeek:

Brian

BUT...you can only carry one Cappo (or other drink) in that holder. Wish they would have two mug holders in the Fiat/Peugot/Citroen vans.....I have to carry mine whilst my other who is driving has full use of the holder

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I wondered if any late model Boxer owners might be able to tell me what the cup looking item is in the following picture:

Accordo%20Cup_zps379ph0mp.png

Is it a cup?, seems to have some sort of electrical connection on the bottom. I haven’t received my vehicle yet and I see some pictures with it fitted and others not.

I have no idea what it is/does, but know I cannot live any longer without it!!

Brian
I put one of these in http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...-accessories/halfords-cup-holder-multi-socket more useful than an ash tray.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back