LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
It seems after fitting a new Stereo we now require a new Reversing Camera
Reason being that our Blaupunkt radio/sat nav/ reversing camera used a old style monitor plugs which now don't fit stereo's :(
Have had the new stereo fitted and he has managed to retro fit the reversing camera so we still have one to use as we leave for Europe soon.

So need your expert advise to what is a good Reversing Camera to buy ?
And where from ?
We know it needs to be night vision and waterproof but that's it
It's for a Bessacarr and and ideally needs to be still where the old one is (above) as we have a bike rack that fits on tow ball but were unsure if we can get the new wires there. As we have no idea which way the wires go:(
Cheers

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Try this guy my brother in law said he was good
Address:DRW Electronics
97 Yellowhammer Court
Kidderminster
Worcestershire
DY10 4RP
United Kingdom

Telephone:01562 752437 Mobile: 07887 996497

Please call between 10:00am till 6:00pm, Monday to Friday.

eMail:sales@drwelectronics.com

Proprietor:David R Wood

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you've got it refitted do you need a new unit?
Why not try it on your forthcoming trip and see how it works, or not, and take it from there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Ge
If you've got it refitted do you need a new unit?
Why not try it on your forthcoming trip and see how it works, or not, and take it from there?

The old reversing camera has been fitted hanging out of our glove compartment ! It's a temporary fix as it now has no holder !
The new one would be fitted into the new double din stereo so can't and won't be keeping it but if we can't get one soon we will have to manage
Thanks

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ah, thought he may have cobbled together an adapter behind the inbuilt unit. Sorry.

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
That's ok Gellykneck

I might not of explained it right.

The whole wiring for the exsisting reversing camera is useless !

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I would have thought there must be an adaptor available for your existing wiring?
Perhaps a pic would help us understand your dilemma?

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
image.jpg
image.jpg
The first photo shows the old wire and conector which is like a old monitor style plug
Which the fitter tried to wire in direct but it simple wouldn't work !

The second photo is the back of Kerplunk (mine name for it) which is the old screen for the reversing camera and sat nav which has long since been deflunked

If there's a adapter that would be great

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@Tosan OK gotcha, any idea what connector is on the back of the head unit? I suspect you need to change the camera adapter (in your first photo).

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Ah, same as my monitor plug, I will try to get the part number from the video unit, then you should be good to go.

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
This is the plug from the reversing camera
That goes into the adapter
image.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I still don't understand. The yellow connector on your head unit is the current "standard" for analogue video connections. The Video Out socket on your camera adapter should be connected directly to the yellow input on your head unit as far as I can see from your photos.

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
I still don't understand. The yellow connector on your head unit is the current "standard" for analogue video connections.
Correct

The Video Out socket on your camera adapter should be connected directly to the yellow input on your head unit as far as I can see from your photos.

The yellow input from the new unit will not work with the old camera adapter we have tried. For what reason apart from the way it is wired. The fitter said straight away that it wouldn't work but he did try. He said our only answer was to wire a new camera with the now standered fitting. We can get no picture at all.
Some how it was all linked through the radio.

The last photo I have posted is the plug on the end of the cable from the reversing camera input that fits into the square adapter box.

Sorry I'm not right good at explaining it but will keep trying

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Have you gone from analogue to digital?
In which case conversion is difficult, expensive and not particularly effective :(
Think Scart to HDMI :cool:
Not much help, but might explain your issue.
(Don't suppose your monitor has a digital input?)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I think it will not work because the camera feed is s-video, whereas the input to the unit, although similar requires the 12v exciter, ie, switches the screen on when it goes live. My input unit handles this, but I haven't dug out the part numbers yet. As they say, bear with me caller :D

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
It seems after fitting a new Stereo we now require a new Reversing Camera
Reason being that our Blaupunkt radio/sat nav/ reversing camera used a old style monitor plugs which now don't fit stereo's
Have had the new stereo fitted and he has managed to retro fit the reversing camera so we still have one to use as we leave for Europe soon.

So need your expert advise to what is a good Reversing Camera to buy ?
And where from ?
We know it needs to be night vision and waterproof but that's it
It's for a Bessacarr and and ideally needs to be still where the old one is (above) as we have a bike rack that fits on tow ball but were unsure if we can get the new wires there. As we have no idea which way the wires go
Cheers

Just a word of caution if you have a bike rack fitted (Thule/Fiamma ) to the MH body panel and use a bike cover this can in a lot of cases render the use of this type of camera void...I have twin camera's fitted..when the bike's are mounted with their cover the reverse camera just can't see past the bikes, the second camera for 'rear view' vision to me is far more important, ..remember reversing camera's are really designed to be fitted to the furthest point on the body, you can achieve this on a MH but requires serious thought as to where the camera's are mounted....plus to get decent 'field of view' the wide angle lens issue is always difficult to get over....you really need to fit two bullet reverse cameras..I have not done this but instead I choose to fit four good quality reverse sensor's..it takes time to trust the sensor's 'bleep' but once you have become accustomed to the operation of such you wont look back :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back