Photocopy of Registration document (1 Viewer)

johnny K

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Home in Reading
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FML
Exp
Many years
We are traverling in France and Spain, does any one know if it is legal to cary a photocopy of registration document or do I need an original document if we should be stoped. Many thanks Johnny K :Smile:

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Im afraid it has to be the original Johny,I asked the same thing and was concerned but I suppose you can always apply for a duplicate should it be lost:Smile:.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are traverling in France and Spain, does any one know if it is legal to cary a photocopy of registration document or do I need an original document if we should be stoped. Many thanks Johnny K :Smile:

I'm so sure it has to be original that that is what we carry and leave the photocopy at home.

Mind you, not many people can tell the difference. Our "all in one" just leaves a few mm off the bottom, I know this but I'll Mr FrogPlod would not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
all documentation has to be the originals.
worth making a photocopy and leave that at home as it will speed up any application for a new one if it does get lost/stolen.

edit......you beat me to it brian..

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I carry copies of all important docs and store them seperatly, just in case the originals get lost or stolen.:thumb:

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
we broke down in germany and they needed the orginial doc,s to bring the RV back to the uk
if this happens to you make sure your first phone call is to your insurance or you can have to pay ,anybody you ask to help.
Paul

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We was in France last year and spent time in Narbonne with a couple (from UK ) who live there full time but holiday in their MH around the continent they advised us to have copy docs as the authorities have a habit of keeping your papers if produced so to give them the copies first and retain the originals, Thankfully we did not need either but will take them to Spain in April this year just incase.:Eeek: Peter & Lynn

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
all documentation has to be the originals.
worth making a photocopy and leave that at home as it will speed up any application for a new one if it does get lost/stolen.

edit......you beat me to it brian..

Not too sure how it would speed the application up at all.... they have all the info you need on their computers....

Good to keep one and maybe hide it in the van somewhere...just in case the originals get nicked / damaged etc

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not too sure how it would speed the application up at all.... they have all the info you need on their computers....

You'd think so, but.....

I filled in the web photo licence upgrade for wife, nothing.

A phone call and they had sent it to the wrong address. New one on it's way.

To the wrong address.

In the end I went in and registered a change of address back to the one on the original pink paper licence and that one got here.

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Take all the originals with you. Store copies of all documents,insurances, licences, passports etc on a memory stick, then you can print them off anytime and anywhere if needed.:thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
At a price of course :Eeek:

and that price is , i beleive, £29.:Eeek: bit like bank charges really....you pay for the time it takes to check :Angry: couple of clicks on a keyboard. :Doh:

i asked when i sorned my car last spring as i 'lost' the logbook and it was £19 then but was told it was going up.

OP
OP
J

johnny K

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Home in Reading
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FML
Exp
Many years
Trip to spain

We was in France last year and spent time in Narbonne with a couple (from UK ) who live there full time but holiday in their MH around the continent they advised us to have copy docs as the authorities have a habit of keeping your papers if produced so to give them the copies first and retain the originals, Thankfully we did not need either but will take them to Spain in April this year just incase.:Eeek: Peter & Lynn

Hi Peter and Lynn, thanks for advise, we are heading down to spain in April hope to see you, let us know your route. Many thanks :Smile:John and Sylvia

BUTTYBOY

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
CHARENTE MARITIME
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
11 YEARS
HI, I live in France & it's essential to carry the original document not a photocopy. don't know about Spain. Have a good time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back