Panel Working Well (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just got back at the weekend after 3 weeks away. Spent 12 days with no hookup, heating on every evening along with TV and radio. Charged our various phones, tablets, kindles etc. and never any problems. Lowest the voltage ever got to was 12.3v, and that was in the middle of the night when I was up to change the gas bottle at 03:00hrs. By 09:00hrs. the battery was back to full charge.

This is a 100w panel fitted by Dave Newell, many thanks Dave!

Bill

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
thats really good had same done with battery master at vanbitz yet to really try yet got poorly wife, regards steve

chasper

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Ilfracombe, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
I had a new panel fitted by Nick at Autosat yesterday and it too is working well today, it is a 120 watt panel ( i did take a 130 watt panel which he had removed from my previous Chasson Flash 02 to be refitted to my Adria Compact SP but it was too big to fit, bugger!) As always a very good job he made of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
By 09:00hrs. the battery was back to full charge.

I do hope it really was up to "full charge" and not just reading the voltage across the battery terminals INCLUDING the solar panel voltage.

Someone once told me that in order to get an accurate battery voltage reading I had to measure it when not connected to the panel or in darkness (night time or a covering over the panel).

These days I hardly ever bother checking battery voltages... I rarely use up more than is going in from the panels.

If I run out of electricity I have my neighbour annoying, smelly thing.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Must admit I am weaning myself off checking the state of charge every hour ( or 20 minutes), the novelty is wearing off but not the satisfaction. Given the usage we normally have I don't ever expect to run out of power.

Rgds
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back