Rapido Motorhome Advice Required (1 Viewer)

Chris Hobbis

Free Member
May 7, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Just getting readt to start
Hi Guys

I need some advice on buying our first motorhome, it a lot more expensive than I had budgeted for so before i make the final decision i thought I would seek some advise from people that may know.

Its an 08 plate Rapido 787F Low Profile (Fiat), around 18,000 miles with 2 owners from new, looks like a nice motorhome, can anyone give any advice please?

Much appreciated.

Thank you
Chris

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Good make, French built, well respected - if budget is an issue, I suggest looking for a slightly older one.
Some suggested other good makes that should not pose problems with older vans are: Pilote (if you particularly like French style, Hymer, Burstner, Dethleffs, N+B. Many others to consider too, but generally, mid to high-end German and French vans are better built than Brits.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As with any Motorhome, check every thing works OK, before parting with your hard earned £££`s...

Rapido as with other quality van`s are well built, hold there price a little better than UK built...

Not a lot to say, Quality, Quality... (y)

18 months ownership and 14k miles down the line. well pleased... :D(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chris Hobbis

Free Member
May 7, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Thanks guys £34,995 was the asking price so do you think at £29,000 I am getting a good deal or was it just very overpriced?

OP
OP
C

Chris Hobbis

Free Member
May 7, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Good make, French built, well respected - if budget is an issue, I suggest looking for a slightly older one.
Some suggested other good makes that should not pose problems with older vans are: Pilote (if you particularly like French style, Hymer, Burstner, Dethleffs, N+B. Many others to consider too, but generally, mid to high-end German and French vans are better built than Brits.
Thank you

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
That sounds a good price,,,, no age and no mileage...

Just give it a good check over, and if your not 100% sure of yourself for making judgement take some one with you to inspect.. (y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
?
Broken Link Removed

Check the hab door closes without effort and the condition of the door blind!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If it's the one in Andy's link get a weigh bridge ticket and ring SV Tech. A 3500kg Rapido will have almost no payload.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Ŵe had a Rapido for a couple of years and did about 30k miles in it.
Very happy with the quality of the van, only had a few trivial issues (apart from breaking down in Morocco and having to wait three weeks for a part from Mercedes in Germany)
We wouldn't have sold it but Gwen wanted an island bed and we just happened to see our dream van at Lincoln MH Show. We traded it in for considerably more than we had paid for it 2 and a half years earlier.
As advised above, check that EVERYTHING works, even the most trivial things.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It won't be bad actually, it's the A class that suffers weight issues especially the front.
I'd estimate it will have quite a good surplus payload and very well balanced.
Bed and bathroom at rear so no weight on them until parked up. No garage just under bed storage.

EDIT
If I had to put money on it I'd wager 1700kg MAX front fully loaded diesel LPG and 100 litres of water including 160kg of people
Rear 1500 MAX without adding bikes and rack or towbar

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
?
Broken Link Removed

Check the hab door closes without effort and the condition of the door blind!
Thats a brokereage deal, no warranty unless you pay extra for insurance etc

About Us
We are the area representative for motorhomedepot.com the United Kingdom’s leading Motorhome brokerage service.

All they do is put the vans on ebay, charge a load of commission and the private seller does the work!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
If as our friend Peter say`s............. offer £25K... (y)

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Wow, thats some statement, maybe a trifle biased:sick: We have had many different vans in the past but never been swayed by particular 'marks' and have no favourites up to now.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thats a brokereage deal, no warranty unless you pay extra for insurance etc

About Us
We are the area representative for motorhomedepot.com the United Kingdom’s leading Motorhome brokerage service.

All they do is put the vans on ebay, charge a load of commission and the private seller does the work!
Yes but OP said 29k

Thanks guys £34,995 was the asking price so do you think at £29,000 I am getting a good deal or was it just very overpriced?

EDIT another issue for the OP is CHECK THE CAMBELT has been replaced and when!

EDIT at 7 years old with only 18k miles it will probably be on original tyres and need replacing soon especially as it has clearly spent most of its life parked.

Last edited:
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
As mentioned here earlier today http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/looking-for-some-advise-please.107855/

A few for sale at dealers for £31,995, so the asking price (£34,995) does seem rather high.

£30k sounds about right after negotiation if you're buying from a dealer, perhaps even a good deal if you consider the benefits...

If buying from motorhome depot, you'd just as well buy private, in which case £29k isn't sounding too clever - would rather spend a thousand more for peace of mind. (service, mot, preparation, warranty, hab check etc must be worth a grand ?)

Of course, condition and specification could vary wildly between them, in which case you've got to go with your gut feeling....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back