Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi you knowledgeable Motorhomers, I am looking for help again
I purchased a 2008 Motorhome last year a McLouis Steel 463/Fiat multijet 130, I am also new to Motorhomes (although had touring caravans for 20 years all-be it 20 years since my last caravan)
The problem is the condensation on the front cab windscreen when we get up in the morning (very heavy condensation on the inside of the screen) we have a curtain that separates the cab from the living area which we keep closed at night, we have also tried the silver padded window covers on the inside of the screen that came with the motorhome, but the condensation is still there in the morning has any person solved the problem or could any person help reduce the condensation……………….thank you Mel

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we have the same problem especially in the colder months.
i tried the silver screens but , like yours, they dont help.
when i bought the van the owner had left an external screen in the locker (and an awning skirt:thumb:), bit tatty but who cares.
this seems to help a lot and with the internals as well it keeps the warmth in.

the external seem a lot thicker than the internal ones.
i think the inside ones only retain the warm where the outer protect the screen from cold wind so the outside of the glass stays warmer.

john

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi melvin
An exterior silver screen is the answer, we use ours all the time,
we also put two small trays of table salt on the dash this soaks
up the moisture. take away trays are ideal for this.:thumb:

regards
bald eagle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thank you John
I was looking in the MMM magazine while we were at Le-Touquet this week and I saw an advert for silver screens exterior covers, advertising the same as what you are saying, But I prefer to hear it from people that have tried and can recommend the goods, and not from companies selling the products that may or may-not work, the idea does sound right to insulate the outside of the screen to keep it warm and hopefully the air inside should not condensate on the screen......thank you again John, also for quick reply...:thumb:...Mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thank you Bald Eagle, I have left a message for John....and YES you are right about the salt I had forgotten about that as we used leave our touring caravans over the winter period with salt in jamjars just to take out any damp air.....I think it is my age I think it is called senile !!!?..Mel:Doh:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
This is the best place for Motorhome information..."Motorhome fun" it is all tried and tested by experts with years of knowledge that know what they are talking about...thank you... Mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Scarborough

we have the same problem especially in the colder months.
i tried the silver screens but , like yours, they dont help.
when i bought the van the owner had left an external screen in the locker (and an awning skirt:thumb:), bit tatty but who cares.
this seems to help a lot and with the internals as well it keeps the warmth in.

the external seem a lot thicker than the internal ones.
i think the inside ones only retain the warm where the outer protect the screen from cold wind so the outside of the glass stays warmer.

john

Hi John, I have only just noticed you live in Scaborough......I used to live in Bridlington for about 20 years before we moved to France, small world...Mel

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi you knowledgeable Motorhomers, I am looking for help again
I purchased a 2008 Motorhome last year a McLouis Steel 463/Fiat multijet 130, I am also new to Motorhomes (although had touring caravans for 20 years all-be it 20 years since my last caravan)
The problem is the condensation on the front cab windscreen when we get up in the morning (very heavy condensation on the inside of the screen) we have a curtain that separates the cab from the living area which we keep closed at night, we have also tried the silver padded window covers on the inside of the screen that came with the motorhome, but the condensation is still there in the morning has any person solved the problem or could any person help reduce the condensation……………….thank you Mel

Just so happens that i have one for sale take a look in the classified section

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Melvyn, I must agree that external screens are the best idea. We stayed in Cornwall for xmas/new year, at first we put the internal screens on but found lots of condensation the following morning. We then took the screens down and out them on again OUTSIDE, and even though they didn't quite fit properly they cerainly did the job - no condensation except where the screens didn't just cover completely. Needless to say we've now bought a set of made to measure ext ones.
Regards, Dave:thumb:

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Definately an Exterior Silver Screen is the answer We have used them on three Vans now both home and abroad winter and summer.
Pro's = No Condensation, Keep the interior warm or cool and you can get one with a drop down front, you dont have to faff about with interior curtains, you can compress them down for storage.

Con's= Not very nice to put away when wet but they do dry quickly.

Steve

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just so happens that i have one for sale take a look in the classified section

Hi I have had a look at your advert and it looks fine ...only your fiat looks like the older model in the advert ...there is a few things different!!!!!!!!!..Mel

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi I have had a look at your advert and it looks fine ...only your fiat looks like the older model in the advert ...there is a few things different!!!!!!!!!..Mel

Yeh unfortunatly i did not have any photo's of mine on the vehicle i had, The only pictures that i could get showing the actual silverscreens was a old type cab, So i just borrowed these i should have stated on the advert that the vehicle was the wrong one:Doh::Doh::Doh:

I had a 2007 firestorm 180 when i bought these, with peugeot cab, which is the same as the Fiat, they are still like new only used a few times before we changed vans.

If you are intrested in them we maybe could meet up and you can see them fitted to your vehicle, Where are you based at?

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I would just like to thank all those kind people who has replied....and it looks Definately we will be going that road of a silver screen exterior...Mel (English now living in France)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back