Rally [Aug 6, 2015] Retrofestival AKA WINGS (Newbury Show Ground) (1 Viewer)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
A contingent from Fun came to this last year and had great time - the weekend before the Malvern Show it ties in nicely to run from one to the other . The poster says it all - you can park up from Thursday to Monday and for £99 have full camping for 4 days and access to the show for the duration that also gives access to the entertainment which runs from 5pm to 11pm on Friday and 11am to 11 pm Saturday plus 11am to 11pm on Sunday - see separate post for the poster

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Retro A4 Poster  2015.jpg
All bookings will be via me Landy Lover for the special price which covers unit & 2 people more people per unit will be chargeable.

Its a great weekend - PM me for a form

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They have moved to a bigger venue then.
We have been the last 2 years with our dancing friends, last year was nearly double the size of the year before.
Don't think we can make it this year.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Hi ha landy
Have a look at date on auto booking they don't match

First time I have posted a rally on this software - hopefully reads correctly now - I will keep posting new information as it comes up - this event has always been the jewel in the crown of rallies for RVOC members ( probably because we are all getting old :rofl:) but it never ceases to amaze me at the youngsters who so thoroughly enjoy this scene.:wink:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
What's your dance Landy?
We are moving from jive to doing a lot more Lindy Hop and now learning BalBoa, don't seem to be able to grasp the shag.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Pleased to say that Brisey aka Brian and Pam will be marshalling this for us all

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I am that old now and having just suffered a fortnight of gout in both feet that I am lucky if I can manage a two footed shuffle - but I can manage a chicken in the middle of the room !!
bing.com/videos/search?q=elvis+lets+have+a+party+&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=ADDE1FA90F793948BEACADDE1FA90F793948BEAC
Hope your gout has cleared up for a while, friends I've seen with it, it's not pleasant.
We couldn't dance a step until after we turned 60, now out 3-4 nights a week. Balboa lessons tomorrow Jive Aces swing/jive all dayer on Sat 1:00pm to 1:00am, great fun but will be knackered on Sunday.

Fairly certain we won't make is this year, won't get back from Thailand, until late Wednesday evening of 5th will be too tired to spend all weekend dancing.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Hope your gout has cleared up for a while, friends I've seen with it, it's not pleasant.
We couldn't dance a step until after we turned 60, now out 3-4 nights a week. Balboa lessons tomorrow Jive Aces swing/jive all dayer on Sat 1:00pm to 1:00am, great fun but will be knackered on Sunday.

Fairly certain we won't make is this year, won't get back from Thailand, until late Wednesday evening of 5th will be too tired to spend all weekend dancing.

Go on - you know you will enjoy it - the show will be 30% or more bigger than last year and more entertainment - just come and chill out - enjoy yourselves

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Go on - you know you will enjoy it - the show will be 30% or more bigger than last year and more entertainment - just come and chill out - enjoy yourselves
That's another thing putting us off it's getting too big, last year we didn't think it was as good as the previous year when it was a lot smaller. Will going to Twinwood brought the tickets at last years festival. Will there be any Funsters at Twinwood?

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
That's another thing putting us off it's getting too big, last year we didn't think it was as good as the previous year when it was a lot smaller. Will going to Twinwood brought the tickets at last years festival. Will there be any Funsters at Twinwood?

Don't know about Twinwood - much of the problem with the last few years of Retro at White Waltham was the CAA who insisted on greater separation between live runways and the show. This actually condensed the show making it too tight and giving the impression of being to busy. Realistically the show outgrew White Waltham then. This year will allow them to spread a little making it more visitor friendly and allow things like more of the retro fun fair and a wall of death - should be more steam and more retro army stuff on show as well as lots more. Some good acts are coming to the 3 stages but until they have signed and sealed I am sworn to secrecy !!

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
(y) What is the cost for camping with the motorhome fun for the weekend and what dates is it on :whistle:

Thanks Dave ( TOLEDO )

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The festival is on the 7th/8th/9th August.
You can park up from Thursday 6th and depart on Monday 10th and for £99 have full camping for 4 days and access to the show for the duration. That also gives access to the entertainment which runs from 5pm to 11pm on Friday and 11am to 11 pm Saturday plus 11am to 11pm on Sunday. Booking forms are available from Landy lover and must be returned to him, with payment, to obtain discounted tickets. I believe that the show organisers are charging £130 for the general public to attend with a motorhome and two persons.
Funsters and RVOC members will be parked together, there is a strict NO GENERATORS policy, Electric hook ups are available at extra cost and must be booked and paid for in advance.
Please send a P.M. to Landy lover if you require application forms.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Is this still on and are we too late to book really enjoyed it last year and looking forward to seeing Geno Washington again

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The festival is on the 7th/8th/9th August.
You can park up from Thursday 6th and depart on Monday 10th and for £99 have full camping for 4 days and access to the show for the duration. That also gives access to the entertainment which runs from 5pm to 11pm on Friday and 11am to 11 pm Saturday plus 11am to 11pm on Sunday. Booking forms are available from Landy lover and must be returned to him, with payment, to obtain discounted tickets. I believe that the show organisers are charging £130 for the general public to attend with a motorhome and two persons.
Funsters and RVOC members will be parked together, there is a strict NO GENERATORS policy, Electric hook ups are available at extra cost and must be booked and paid for in advance.
Please send a P.M. to Landy lover if you require application forms.

Hi Wino, the event is still on, you are not too late to book. Send a PM to Landy lover and he will e-mail application forms to you. See my previous post above.
Look forward to meeting you at the festival,
Brisey.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Bump - still plenty of room - looks like there will be 40 or 50 of us there

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Still room if you want to come - Going to be a very interesting week end - 3 live stages on Friday Sat and Sun Just take your pick - over 1000 classic vehicles and we are in the middle of it all - prime position !!!

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Times are getting short to book on this now - still time and still some room

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi could I have a booking for please if it's not too late

Chris

Hi Chris, you need to send a PM to Landy lover requesting a booking form.
If you supply him with your e-mail address he will send one to you.
Brisey.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
OK folks time is getting close now and I cannot guarantee to get your pass to you in time for this event so booking at the special price is now closed - nothing to stop you coming but you will have to pay on the gate and be in general. Nothing to stop you visiting and joining in the fun

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Very good show here at Newbury, loads to see lots of stalls and displays, weather is great evening intertainment good, not too many funsters .....about 6!

Attachments

• DSC_3623.JPG
    DSC_3623.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 15

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back