Marine Parade Overnight Parking (1 Viewer)

lanzaron

Free Member
May 6, 2015
ipswich suffolk
Funster No
MH
frankia
Exp
since 2009
Hi
I have not stopped on marine parade for 2-3 years .Could someone please tell me can you still stay there or is it now banned ? Thanks

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Last September the Dover Joint Transportation Board approved a report into overnight bans for motorhomes on Marine Parade and elsewhere. There are links to the report and the minutes detailing what was decided in the Dover entry on my web site Here.
At the moment it looks as if the ban has not yet been implemented. I certainly haven't been able to find any such traffic orders passed by Dover or Kent County councils.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I guess it depends on which marine parade you are talking about..........:whistle::)

OP
OP
L

lanzaron

Free Member
May 6, 2015
ipswich suffolk
Funster No
MH
frankia
Exp
since 2009
Thanks for the response, so is it still ok to park on the Esplanade or Waterloo crescent away from the blocks of apartment's and the Premier Inn ?
Thanks

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Keep right to the west and you should be alright. Keep right away from the east and middle bits, Wardens patrol at funny times looking for ticket potential.
My next door neighbour is trying for the council here and he is interested in my Aire idea which would help the town's reputation instead of being a anti MH place I really do despair of the view that they want to portray about the town up to now.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
As GJH posted-it seems to be at moment,but no one knows for how much longer.

Dover District Council confirmed that the area of Waterloo Crescent/Marine Parade covered by the caravan parking signs will not be included in the proposed ban. Caravan/Motorhome parking has been banned at the Gateway Flats/Holiday Inn end for a number of years.

"Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014

Dear Mr Thompson,

With reference to your e-mail dated 26th November 2014 sent to Dover District Council’s Customer Services. I apologise that no reply was sent to your earlier e-mail; I note that this was sent to the then Parking Administration Team Leader who has since resigned.

At a meeting of the Dover Joint Transportation Board held on 11th September 2014, it was resolved:

(a) That an overnight ban be introduced from 6.00pm to 6.00am, Monday to Sunday, on motor caravans parking on Marine Parade and Waterloo Crescent, Dover and The Beach, Walmer.

(b) That Officers be instructed to explore options for the provision of alternative parking for both sites, including holding discussions with third parties as appropriate.

In light of this, the introduction of the ban must now go out to the public for consultation in line with current legislative requirements. This consultation has not yet commenced but I am hopeful that it will soon. At the same time, I will be actively exploring options for the provision of alternative parking for motor caravans.

You state that you consider the time limit proposed to be excessive. This will be a matter that will form part of the consultation and so respondents will be able to comment on this.

I can confirm that the Esplanade, Dover will not be included in the area covered by the proposed ban.

I will be including organisations representing motor caravan users in the formal consultation process.

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Allen
Head of Community Safety, CCTV and Parking
Dover District Council"

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Or stop twenty miles up the road at Canterbury? It's safe and quiet and has a free shuttle bus into the city every ten minutes. I've never felt comfortable staying on Marine Parade for some reason.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Dover District Council confirmed that the area of Waterloo Crescent/Marine Parade covered by the caravan parking signs will not be included in the proposed ban. Caravan/Motorhome parking has been banned at the Gateway Flats/Holiday Inn end for a number of years.
Just for clarification. I think The Esplanade, Waterloo Crescent and Marine Parade (whilst being parts of the same road) are separate entities as regards parking restrictions. So, whilst the former is not included in the proposed ban the latter two are.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Rather than stop in Dover.. why not get a late ferry and stop on Gravelines aire ?

and welcome, not far from you in Woodbridge..
This by far and away our favourite, always our first and last stop in France unless we are really late then we park on cite europe never seen any trouble there.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Unless you have a specific reason to overnight this side of the water, I agree totally with ScotJimland - catch an evening/late ferry and overnight close to the ferryport the other side. Loads of places close to Calais and Dunkerque - mostly free - all legal - no parking warders in sight, then start your travels the next day fresh after a good night's sleep and the whole day ahead of you with no ferry to catch.
Catch the Saturday evening crossing and you'll have empty roads all the next day (no trucks).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back