• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Free Propane Cyclinders (1 Viewer)

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Calor propane cyclinders 46kg, 13kg free to anyone who wants them, i can bring to meet, first one is Newbury, then southport then stratford or from home newbury area.
Steve

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Why not just hand them in at a Calor agent? I took 3 Calor cylinders in last week that had been left with us after refillable installations took their places. Calor own those cylinders so why not just give them back to the rightful owners?

D.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
if no-one wants them dave that is what i will do, but the little 6kg's are often wanted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi Steve
I would like the 6kg if still available will be at Southport Meet ,a pint in Wethers will have your name on it when the funsters have their usual invasion

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
that will be fine, i will bring to southport. If pos. pm me the week before so i remember to load it.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Calor own those cylinders so why not just give them back to the rightful owners?

But don`t you have to pay a heavy deposit when you buy/hire one.. ?

But you don`t get anything back if you return them...

Or has that changed now, or have I got it wrong as usual... :RollEyes::lipssealed:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Or has that changed now, or have I got it wrong as usual... :RollEyes::lipssealed:

Sliding scale over 4 \ 5 years and you have to have your original "deposit" receipt.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
so if you can find someone who wants one free or otherwise everyone is happy.....well maybe not calor, but then who gives a frak about them! money grabing tossers......only my opinion of course.
Steve

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

What has that got to do with it though? The cylinders belong to Calor. You don't "buy" a Calor cylinder you rent it, it BELONGS to them. If you hired a car to me and I then sold it or even gave it away would you be happy? This is exactly the same, giving away something that belongs to someone else is not legal! Hand the cylinders back in to a Calor depot.

D.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
What has that got to do with it though? The cylinders belong to Calor. You don't "buy" a Calor cylinder you rent it, it BELONGS to them. If you hired a car to me and I then sold it or even gave it away would you be happy? This is exactly the same, giving away something that belongs to someone else is not legal! Hand the cylinders back in to a Calor depot.

D.

Totally different, a car has thousands of component`s that wear out and after X amount of years depreciates..

A calor bottle once made cost`s very little in maintenance, accept the 4 yearly test or what ever it is..

And then there is the exorbitant profit on the gas you have to pay for in a bottle, against the cost of filling up at an LPG station.

Not getting into an argument, you have your views and I have mine..:)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Giving a Calor bottle to someone else is not depriving Calor of money.. in fact it is putting an otherwise redundant bottle back into service .. making money for Calor.
Unless you have the Hire Agreement, Calor agents won't take a bottle back.. I have tried..

I had two CalorLites behind the shed, Calor wouldn't give me a deposit back as I don't have the hire agreements..
So I have offered, FOC to two Funsters .. can't see what is wrong with that ..

Dumping, destroying or cutting up to make a wood burner or BBQ is wrong..

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
A 46kg bottle would need a fair size gas locker , mind you a long while between bottle changes . Is 13kg generally the largest bottles used in vans or caravans ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is 13kg generally the largest bottles used in vans or caravans ?

more commonly 6kg.. but yes, some vans can take a 13kg ..

The Hymer locker can hold ONE 13kg and ONE 6kg .. it won't hold 2 x 13kg.. just too tight..

I have changed to 2 x 11kg Gaslow refillable.. that is the design size of the locker..

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Why not just hand them in at a Calor agent? I took 3 Calor cylinders in last week that had been left with us after refillable installations took their places. Calor own those cylinders so why not just give them back to the rightful owners?

D.
When the new owner gets a refill Calor will get the bottle back.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
'Giving a Calor bottle to someone else is not depriving Calor of money.. in fact it is putting an otherwise redundant bottle back into service .. making money for Calor'

Never thought of it like that...good point. You have eased my conscience :cry::cry:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Could imagine a 46kg bottle bolted on the side of a van and it leaning over as it goes down the road like something on whacky races with mutley and dick darstdly.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
going of track...wants new....a friend of mind uses one as a air compresser tank with a fridge compresser. takes ages to fill up but does the job.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Totally different, a car has thousands of component`s that wear out and after X amount of years depreciates..

A calor bottle once made cost`s very little in maintenance, accept the 4 yearly test or what ever it is..

And then there is the exorbitant profit on the gas you have to pay for in a bottle, against the cost of filling up at an LPG station.

Not getting into an argument, you have your views and I have mine..:)

No Mo, its not totally different it is exactly the same. Wear and tear and how many components are involved are irrelevant. Simple facts:

Calor bottles BELONG to Calor, no one else.
At least some Calor agents will take cylinders back without hire agreements, I returned 3 cylinders last week to our local agent.

They won't refund any money unless you have the original contract but then why should they?

They will only refund a part of the original hire fee, this is written in the hire agreement, read it hen you take one out and if you don't agree with the terms of the agreement don't have a Calor cylinder, it really is that simple.

"Exorbitant profits" are not illegal and their prices are clearly advertised including the rental fees and sliding scale refunds.

I am frankly amazed that so many "law abiding" members of Fun see this blatantly illegal dealing in bottles they do not own as OK.

D.

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
I am frankly amazed that so many "law abiding" members of Fun see this blatantly illegal dealing in bottles they do not own as OK.

D.

Oh I wonder what it must be like to be perfect :) Come on Dave, live in the real world and get off the soap box

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
When you first purchase a Calor gas bottle you are issued with a Refill Agreement Charge starting from £39.99. All Calor gas bottles remain Calor’s property for the duration of use and this allows Calor to exchange bottles included in your order with supplies of gas.

purchase

[pur-chuh s]

verb (used with object), purchased, purchasing.
to acquire by the payment of money or its equivalent; buy.

Hmm, they say purchase, but they mean loan

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Under current copyright law - all those DVD's & CDs you bought don't 'belong' to you. Nor do any books.
Pedantically, you 'might' own the plastic or the paper but not the contents!
The peasantry must not get ideas above their station.
You may pay for your cylinder, but you may not transfer it, or give it away. In the small print there is probably no permission to loan it either.
Bring on the Gaslow revolution (y).
Power to the People (on this election day!).

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I think you're going to lose the moral argument here Dave.. even if you're morally right.
Is it illegal dealing.. Are there terms and conditions that say you can't give a bottle to someone else to use.. (even if Calor own it)
Just says it's their property.. No one's, disputing that. For it to be theft you would have to be permenantly depriving them of it... No one's sugesting that. They'll get it back when it needs refilling. They never ask for proof of purchase or renting when you get a refill do they.

... I have now read calors conditions in full and you can't give them to anyone.. So dave is morally correct.. But as they don't know who they gave them to. Who cares if it helps somone.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
A 46kg bottle would need a fair size gas locker , mind you a long while between bottle changes . Is 13kg generally the largest bottles used in vans or caravans ?
thats what makes the bought conversions a bit naff .
do your own conversion and make the gas locker big enough for 19 kg bottles . makes gas a bit cheaper . ideally two but even three bottles if long terming abroad.

Deleted User
Not wanting to jump all over the op's thread but I have 2x13 kg's and 1x6 kg propane cyls going for free, there's a bit of gas in 2 of them (probably 1/4 full)

Pm me if you're interested

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back