Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Can anyone offer any tips for nice beach view wild camp stops going down East coast from Dublin? We will be mooching about for 8 days or so . Also any grey and black waste disposal points anyone has found...........and ANY other tips :).Sorry, ignore this posting please people it is in the wrong 'section'........i'm mooching off back to fb its about my limit! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Sorry,thanks .....new to this ..........shame

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hey Angelwitch what is your Motorhome? I am asking as it looks like ours a chausson allegro 97 . do you like it? Have you found anything you don't like so far. For Ireland try www. wildcamping.co.uk

Glenn.

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Glenn, difference is bedroom area our transverse bed is higher (bigger garage) which a lot of people dont like but we don't find it a prob at all.It's our first van and we spent 2 tears researching layouts so knew what we were getting in terms of fore and against.........we have only one 'against' lack of worktop in kitchen which we have solved by having a small folding table which stores in the gas locker ,this fits between me and the bathroom door for ''plating up'' food.A joiner friend is going to make us a 'flip-up' to come from the curved larder cupboard door.We have never yet looked at another van and thought we made the wrong choice.How about you?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi well it is our first van, only got it last Wednesday. We looked for about 4 years we want the island bed but all the ones with this were tag axles which meant we would be more restricted to where we could go. We then found the one we have bought. Ours has a rotating chrome basket thing on the worktop that I am thinking of removing to give more work space. We have rented a few different vans over the years. This is how we decided what we did and didn't want as did not want to make what could be a very expensive mistake. So far we are very pleased with this one. Thinking of having a refillable gas tank under the van to make it both cheaper and easier to get LPG both here and abroad.

Glenn.

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
We've kept the chrome basket,i use as a 'draining board ' with towel to catch drips! all mugs and glassware fit on it.Also we got in touch with SV Tech and up plated (£312) as we will be living in it full time come October for about 3 years .Our bathroom is where your fridge is...you have more space around the bed,but we needed a large garage for our bikes (trips to shops etc) and i dont like bike racks.Love huge fridge/freezer,don't mind small oven it fits a joint of beef!.....thought about refillable gas but we don't plan on being abroad (unless we keep it after the 3 years is up) and the other half likes spending so occasionally i have to rein him in!

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Mine is already plated at 4 tonnes. What have you had it up plated to? Already thinking about a small motorbike or Scooter on a rack on the back. It would have to light so my 1200 is out of the question unfortunately. We will try the first year without a bike and see how we go.

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Ours was only 3500....not enough!........it's all good now

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
This is my local beach just a few miles out of Wicklow town heading south. Its called Brittas Bay and we have Silver Strand beach also. There are a few camping and caravanning parks right on the coastline also....check out the youtube link...

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
This is my local beach just a few miles out of Wicklow town heading south. Its called Brittas Bay and we have Silver Strand beach also. There are a few camping and caravanning parks right on the coastline also....check out the youtube link...

Garry Fortune in the Blade.
Have flown that a few times.... Really nice place.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Yes, know the plane !
Will be down there this weekend as delivering a c42 across to the UK South coast.
Always fly the Wexford/Wales route and sometimes drop into a few private airfields down your way.....

Pity my garden is a tad small....coulda dropped in for a brew!

OP
OP
Angelwitch

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Oh wow,that looks stunning,what a beach! Thanks for that can't wait to get away :)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We are here in the stormy South west so cannot advise on the east coast. The gale has moderated a littlenowbiprw forecast for the rest of the week.

Kath
image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back