Touring America (1 Viewer)

O

Our American Dream

Deleted User
Anyone seriously considering touring America in an RV or purchasing one and then using it while in that country will no doubt find some very useful information on our website www.ouramericandreambooks.com
Should any reader have any questions on this subject we also do our best to answer them.

Happy touring.
Our American Dream

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I would'nt dream of buying your book, with no contributions to the forum, in posts or even better still a paid for ad.

Why should I support your dream when you can't be bothered to surport the forum.

I wish you well.

Roy

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I would'nt dream of buying your book, with no contributions to the forum, in posts or even better still a paid for ad.

Why should I support your dream when you can't be bothered to surport the forum.

I wish you well.

Roy

Sorry, Roy, but you are not quite correct - many of us use Linda and David Goodsell as a reference point for answering queries from many of our own members on questions of importing vehicles - in the same manner as we use Paul Chatwin from the RVOA.

Many of the questions we are asked are personal and not suitable for open forums - but David and Linda have never once yet refused an answer, even at the expense of losing a potential sale of the book.

Just because they don't stick their heads above the parapet, doesn't give you the right to heap abuse on their heads - much of their work is done 'necessarily' behind closed doors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Just because they don't stick their heads above the parapet, doesn't give you the right to heap abuse on their heads - much of their work is done 'necessarily' behind closed doors

With respect I can only go on what I see.

Which is someone who joined in 2007 and as made two posts the latter being an advert for their book.

IMHO My post hardly heaps abuse on them, when I have wished them well !!!

Last edited:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
this site is called MotorhomeFUN after all - isn't it. I for one welcome all threads that give advice and information on such diverse subjects as travelling abroad and USA so come on Roy stop moaning (yes you did wish them well AFTER the moan) Best wishes to everyone from a very sunny but windy South Spain :Eeek:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
this site is called MotorhomeFUN after all - isn't it. I for one welcome all threads that give advice and information on such diverse subjects as travelling abroad and USA so come on Roy stop moaning (yes you did wish them well AFTER the moan) Best wishes to everyone from a very sunny but windy South Spain :Eeek:

Quite right :thumb:

I happened to meet Linda and Dave at Malvern a couple of years ago, they returned from a walk just as a friend of mine was crawling around under their RV. They were very gracious took my friend in and showed him around the RV. This was just when Jan and I were planning our first trip to the states and when Linda found out she gave us loads of advice and tips. They couldn't have been more polite or helpful to a couple of novices and didn't try to sell us anything.

People like them have a wealth of knowledge which they are happy to share.:thumb:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
My point is for us to have our fun someone as to pay, I'me guessing with loads of time and probably money to (Jim and Co). I fully support and endorse traders posting on a forum it can only benefit us members, as long as they declare there interest.

I have never meet Paul from Johns Cross, Dave Newall, Geo, Linda, or Eddie, but if I needed their services I would be the first in line and have where possible pointed posters in their direction.

I have even bought a Checklist, not that I needed one, to try in some small way to help support the forum.

Therefore it is my thinking that if you wont to sell something through the forum, then at least make some contribution, other than a veiled advert.

I'me sure Linda and David are nice people, but nice doesn't pay the bills. Not that it's anything to do with me, the bills that is. So perhaps I should not have said anything, now wheres forty quid.

Roy the moaner

OP
OP
O

Our American Dream

Deleted User
Our American Dream

We would just like to take this opportunity to thank all members for their support and kind words. To put the record straight we are a couple who saved over many years to actually live our own 'American Dream' and travel to the USA to purchase an American RV and tour while there. The life changing experience was incredible and way beyond our expectations, but was certainly not without difficulty. On our return we had gained such a wealth of experience that we consdered could be of great help to other people who would benefit from this knowledge and experience, consequently we enbarked on the tremendous task of writing and self publishing two informative books, which have been well received by many, many readers. This whole project was totally self-funded and due to the true high cost of graphic design and production etc, etc we still do not know whether the actual costs will ever be recovered.
Furthermore we have always be more than willing to spend an inordinate amount of time offering help and advice to anyone considering such an adventure, irrespective of whether or not they purchased one of our books.
Finally we would just like to say a sincere 'thank you' to everyone that has given us so much help and assistance, but 'traders' we are not!!!!!
David and Linda

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Anyone seriously considering touring America in an RV or purchasing one and then using it while in that country will no doubt find some very useful information on our website www.ouramericandreambooks.com
Should any reader have any questions on this subject we also do our best to answer them.

Happy touring.
Our American Dream

:Cool: Read my Signature. :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
if you wont to sell something through the forum, then at least make some contribution, other than a veiled advert.

Roy the moaner

I agree with Roy, untold thousands give of their time freely to help others on the forums, that's what it's all about.
Nothing wrong in promoting a book or service but please be honest from the outset and declare it.
The web site given is a trading site for Our American Dream travel books, not a travel log or blog. ... that makes the owner a trader.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

I wish you well.

Roy

Congratulations Sir, you have now reached the required standards, our work here is done. You are now qualified to transfer to FACTS, you will fit in there very well.

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Congratulations Sir, you have now reached the required standards, our work here is done. You are now qualified to transfer to FACTS, you will fit in there very well

Been there done that, you should never say never, but never again. :winky:

Oh it's nice to hear from johnsandywhite, he and his wife as provided me with many hours of delightful reading of his American exploits, all at their own expense too.
Thankyou:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Only just seen this thread!

We encourage traders to post here. The experience and knowledge that they can pass on is of benefit to all members. The line that we draw to stop the forum becoming one long list of adverts; is that posts made by traders are written for the benefit of members and Should not resemble adverts which will only benefit the trader.

For example. If a member asks where he can park his 40ft motorhome. Its quite all right for the owner of the Big Pitch Guide, a trade member, to answer, "that an excellent solution to the large-motorhome-small-pitch-problem is to buy my book, which lists large pitches all over Europe etc. This is OK However should the aforementioned Big Pitch Guide Owner start a thread .. "Anyone touring in a large motorhome should really buy the Big pitch Guide etc.. " That is Spam

The original post in this thread is Spam. Its thinly disguised as to be of benefit to the members but it's spam all the same. I notice that the website has a link back here::bigsmile: (thank you) and I will allow the post to stand (It's an excellent book by the way) However similar posts will be deleted.

If members see posts that are Spam, please do use the report post feature, that way we can make a decision quickly as to whether it should stay. Thanks. :Smile:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
american dream

hi
we have toured the states on numerous occasions, one of my favourite places is
laughlin nevada, on the banks of the colarado river, just south of the hoover dam.
some big rv parks there, passed a convoy of snowbirds about 20 all towing cars varying from small compact cars up to a hummer, that was a sight.
there are lovely walks along the colarado. was sat having my breakfast overlooking the river and a plane went past on the river taking off.
i wish i was there now

live long and prosper:Smile:::bigsmile:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Jim,
Will you have any copies of the Destinations Log book at Newark? If so will you keep one for us, please?:Smile:
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back