Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
We have a TAG Axle Euromobile and I am going to rotate the tyres.

The front two are about 50% worn, whereas the four rear tyres are only about 20% worn.

My plan is to put the front tyres on the rear and move two of the rear tyres to the front.

My question is: should I be putting the most worn tyres on any particular rear axle or does it make no difference?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
To spread the cost I would finish off the two front tyres and then buy new
if you do rotate your going to want 4 when they are ready
An old tyre fitter once said to me, "if they aint good enough for the front they aint good enough for the vehicle" Wise words:thumb:
Geo

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hi, I agree with with Geo. I always fit new tyres to the front, the four on the back are going to wear evenly.
Rich

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
surely if I rotate them regularly, i'm going to need 7 at some point and should be able to get a discount for bulk buying:ROFLMAO:

seriously though don't tyres have a shelf life of about 7 years anyway

chris v

Free Member
Feb 14, 2009
Burton upon Trent
Funster No
Hi,
The normal maximum recommended life for a tyre is around 5 years, after this they can start to crack and can break up, you'll probably never wear out the rear tyres before they need changing or even the front, the short answer is to ensure that the tyres stay on the same side of the vehicle so their normal rotation stays the same. Now I suppose somebody will start on about reversing:Doh:
Chris

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,
The normal maximum recommended life for a tyre is around 5 years, after this they can start to crack and can break up, you'll probably never wear out the rear tyres before they need changing or even the front, the short answer is to ensure that the tyres stay on the same side of the vehicle so their normal rotation stays the same. Now I suppose somebody will start on about reversing:Doh:
Chris

does this mean you can only put the spare on the same side as it was last used on?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back