Drink Can Holder ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Can anyone recommend a really good quality drink can holder ?

There are literally dozens on eBay and Amazon, but most look cheap and probably not very durable..

Don't want an air vent or window clip on, nor a sucker mount.. would prefer one I can fix with screws or Velcro .. it's for an A class Hymer so plenty of room under the drivers side window to fix..

I was thinking on this style ..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AKXEZ3A/?tag=mhf04-21

but open to suggestions..

TIA

Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I built a shelf in my Hymer on the left between the dash and door. (we were LHD) Used a nice bit of polished wood about 12 inched wide, 10 deep and covered it with some good quality non slip mat, glued down. Then using large wide bottomed mugs I never once had a mishap, the coffee stayed put, as did keys, glasses phone etc. (y)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I built a shelf in my Hymer on the left between the dash and door. (we were LHD) Used a nice bit of polished wood about 12 inched wide, 10 deep and covered it with some good quality non slip mat, glued down. Then using large wide bottomed mugs I never once had a mishap, the coffee stayed put, as did keys, glasses phone etc. (y)

Yes. I like that idea . also LHD, .. may do that.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@ScotJimland I also fitted USB charger/ciggy lighter thing under the shelf which proved to be very handy, it became the charging station when parked up. Easily switched and powered direct from the battery under the seat.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I like the wooden shelf idea.. may do that in future .. but for the present.. I have an expensive but redundant Bosch 70mm hole cutter left over from installing the Gaslow fill point.. .. perfect size for a Coke can, so may have a crack at making one from polished aluminum..

A square C shaped bracket with a 70mm hole in the top .. just need to source a bit of ally

watch this space..

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Drinking from cans whilst driving is driving without due care and attention...

Shame on you all... :whistle:

JJ :cool:

tut tut JJ ... Post #9... you guys are getting slack..

In the good ol' days it would have been jumped on and I'd have been given 50 lashes for even suggesting

Reactions: JJ
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Simple ,buy a decent bicycle bottle holder & use that. Even posher get a beer bottle holder for a pushchair. thermal mugs will go in both (y)

Broken Link Removed

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
tut tut JJ ... Post #9... you guys are getting slack..

In the good ol' days it would have been jumped on and I'd have been given 50 lashes for even suggesting

Give us a chance Sir...

I am busy cleaning and tidying...

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
If I had your dash profile I could print you one in plastic with the 3d printer. Doing lots of stuff on it at the moment..... Magic bit of kit.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Drinking from cans whilst driving is driving without due care and attention...

Shame on you all... :whistle:

Only if as a result of these, or any action, turning on radio, looking at satnav, lighting fag, moving mirror etc etc, there is an accident or incident that can be attributed to those actions. Use of mobile phones IS a criminal offence so is not in the same category.
That's as I understand it anyway. :nod:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Take note of the 2 cycle drink bottle holders on each side as well good for cans and/or water

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back