A Question Has Been Raised (jim) (1 Viewer)

Funster Name or Christian Name on badges

• Funster Name

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Christian Namr

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Both Funster & Christian names

Votes: 119 90.2%

• Total voters

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Trying a pole don't know if it will work.

Noticed on another thread on the question of Fun Badges, because we are internet based and chat away (or read) all year useing our Forum names, then when we get to a meet our name badges have just our Christian names and not our Forum names, so on larger meets it's easy to miss speaking to someone you have had conversations with all year even though you may just be a few vans apart.

Have to say I do realise the amount of work Sian puts into making the badges and she will probably throttle me.

Any thoughts on this.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Don`t know on this one Carol.......... I voted both..:doh:

I find it hard enough remembering one name... so most are Hello Mate, or Hello Love... :RollEyes:

How about Christian name and surname initials. cos there are so many Brian`s/Pete`s/Keith`s etc . :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Having both might be pushing it a bit spacewise especially for longer forum names but then I don't have to do it. :)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That's my concern I do know the amount of work that Sian puts into making the badges, but it would be so much easier to strike up a conversation with someone who you recognise their forum name, got me thinking after the mention of a Super meet, how would you know who was who. .

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
At least there are a few that wouldn't need both names, like Carol, Cliff and Ger, Ralph and Bev...........
But for others the badges would be huge..... Eddie may have to lose his 'Bitz', Devon may have to lose his Bees...... I can see Sian pulling her hair out as we speak - Carol, you have been on holiday too long - you have far too much time on your hands.... ;)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have voted for Both "Funster & Christian names" but then we already have badges with both names on.:D
Ditto here Brian. (y)

I recognize many of the forum names, but if only Christian names are on the badges, I haven't a clue as to who is who. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
When you request a badge you can say what you want.. I opted for my forum handle as it makes more sense to me

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm sure we can do something and we will. That said... "what's your username on the forum?" is a great way to start a conversation on the rally field and one I've used literally hundreds of times to 'break the ice' so to speak. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm sure we can do something and we will. That said... "what's your username on the forum?" is a great way to start a conversation on the rally field and one I've used literally hundreds of times to 'break the ice' so to speak. :)
True Jim and that's what I usually do ... but it could get a bit awkward if you find out you're talking to someone you've just has a run in with on the forum!:eek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
but it could get a bit awkward if you find out you're talking to someone you've just has a run in with on the forum

Yes but that doesn't happen often, and shock horror, you find out the person you hate on the forum is now your best mate in real life ;) And to think if the badge had Hilldweller on it, you'd never have spoken ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes but that doesn't happen often, and shock horror, you find out the person you hate on the forum is now your best mate in real life ;) And to think if the badge had Hilldweller on it, you'd never have spoken ;)
Could've been worse, I could have unintentionally spoken to Mr rumble-bum himself ... Tootles!!! :ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
True Jim and that's what I usually do ... but it could get a bit awkward if you find out you're talking to someone you've just has a run in with on the forum!:eek:

Happened on Facts, guy whacked one of the mods at a meet.

Ian

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Happened on Facts, guy whacked one of the mods at a meet.

Ian
Really! o_O Feel free to spill the beans! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thats what I always do as well, but I can still easily miss out someone I would really like to say hello to but miss them, where if I spot a Funster with. Forum name I know, it's easy then to say hello (or hide) ::bigsmile:

(Forgot to put Jims quote in)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
(y)
DSCF8181.JPG

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
On another, totally different forum, we used a similar idea. When someone was proposing a social or something similar, they took on the responsibility of supplying the name badges for those that were attending.

Two things happened;

1st, there was a bit of "one-upmanship" in the badge production, with different event organisers trying to make even better badges. But they did become great souvenirs !

2nd, when people got drunk, (and we all did) they would tend to swap badges, so unless you really knew who was who you would end up talking (in a very wobbly-gob manner), to totally the wrong person !

[definition of wobbly-gob, to think your mouth is talking sense, in reality it's just making random noises]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back