Gas Bbq Hose Length - Advice Please (1 Viewer)

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Going to purchase a cadac safari chef gas BBQ, gas locker is on the drivers side and hab. door on passengers side so that will be the sociable side. Is there a max/safe length of hose I can run from gas bottles if I want to use the BBQ round the sociable side e.g hose running under the MH to the BBQ??????

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The amount of residue gas remaining in the hose after use could pose both a safety and wastage problem unless the BBQ point has a tap, mine doesn't as its has a bayonet type fitting. My fitting is supplied with gas from the fridge supply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

andreWander

Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
Thames Valley
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 2007
Exp
I run my cadac with a 5m hose with no problem. I had shorter initially but I wanted to site it on either side or behind the MH to get out the wind. I tried 10mm but 8mm was fine. Mine is a Bullfinch connector and I disconnect the hose from the cadac for storage.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is there a max/safe length of hose I can run from gas bottles if I want to use the BBQ round the sociable side e.g hose running under the MH to the BBQ??????

The max length for a rubber gas hose is 2 mts.. but some retailers will sell as much as you want ..

Personally I'd go with the first suggestion.. fit the BBQ point and use a 2mt hose.. .. a long trailing gas line is not the safest idea..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just been talking about this with SWMBO and am going to get three mtrs so I can have it running from BBQ point and either have it under cover if raining and outside of the awning if fine. Wind problem? we put up a wind break round it.:D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back