Pay With Mobile Phone For Stellplatz ? (1 Viewer)

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I am planning our trip to Germany using the searchforsites and have come across a few Stellpltatzes where you are supposed to use your phone for payment ! There is one in Mettlach near the river Saar . How would a non German speaker manage to do it if more and more stellplatz use this method of payment ? Have any funsters come across this ?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Didn't come across any of these on our 4 week trip last year

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Been here 2 weeks not seen any either

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Presumably it will be a similar system to that used in some car parks over here: ie you send a text to a number with your registration number?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
In Germany at the moment really struggling my poxy satnav won't accept Bordatlas coordinates haven't found one properly yet.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I am planning our trip to Germany using the searchforsites and have come across a few Stellpltatzes where you are supposed to use your phone for payment ! There is one in Mettlach near the river Saar . How would a non German speaker manage to do it if more and more stellplatz use this method of payment ? Have any funsters come across this ?

Having lived with our German chums for a while I guarantee that they will have found a surefire way to extract your euro...(see what I did there)(y)
Whatever, don't worry about it...Germany, like most of Western Europe is great for people like us with motorhomes!
Enjoy! Vielen Danke!:)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
In Germany at the moment really struggling my poxy satnav won't accept Bordatlas coordinates haven't found one properly yet.
Rory,

Can you not go into settings and change the format to suit the BordAtlas cords?

To Cobweb, I,m not aware of having to use your mobile for paying Stellplatz fees. Mettlach didn't display that requirement the last twice we were there.

Enjoy,

Jock. :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
that's a bummer..

Download the Stellplatz POI set direct from Board Atlas, they also have a phone app
(y)

Broken Link Removed

Rory,

Can you not go into settings and change the format to suit the BordAtlas cords?

To Cobweb, I,m not aware of having to use your mobile for paying Stellplatz fees. Mettlach didn't display that requirement the last twice we were there.

Enjoy,

Jock. :)

Thanks guys
Jim I'll try that on the phone later
Jock tried all three formats on my satnav none seem to work did play around with co pilot on my phone last and may have got it trouble is I prefer satnav to phone when driving.
In Colditz at the moment so I'll pop in and ask the Commandant for some advice. Arrived yesterday afternoon smack bang in the middle of carnival day streets all closed that was fun.
See you guys

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well I've always said I'm an unemployed village idiot and now I've proved it.
Just realise Bordatlas don't put in the zeros :confused: put the missing zeros in both satnav and phone and both seem to work on degrees minutes seconds. Been used to the Aires book and ACSI for last few years which is a different format. First time using Bordatlas just shows never too old too learn.
Find out tomorrow in Dresden. (y)(y)

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
We have never come across having to pay for Stalz by phone ! I wouldn't anyway they are plenty to choose from.

Glad you got your Co-ords sorted FB we would be lost without the Bord Atlas !! don't know how we didn't come unstuck? we probably did a few times when we first started, in fact I know we did and ended up being guided by a local twice that I can remember. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back