markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Got a renewal notice on Monday, I hadn't realised my DL only had a few weeks left to run, so using my government gateway ID I went online on Monday and applied for a renewal and amazingly my new licence arrived today only three days later, I know some people seem to have problems with the DVLA but I have to say I'm impressed

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Wow! What a contrast to my wifes C1 licence renewal. She applied a month before her birthday on December 27th and finally got it in April, although in fairness she had to have a medical which was completed on the 10th December. In March they determined she needed an echo-cardiogram which was fine.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Their new (beta) online system seems to be just the job. Friend of mine needed complete replacement as photo card & paper mismatched (?). Applied Monday, new complete set through letterbox this morning.
That's a good & efficient service, much as we love to malign the DVLA.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You have probably got some completely different vehicles on it , Have a look and check,they only send back quickly the cockups, motorbikes drop off no car just steam roller . and track laying vehicle etc.

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
I had the same filled in online Monday back today all OK paper part to be destroyed on 8th June.
Lee

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You have probably got some completely different vehicles on it , Have a look and check,they only send back quickly the cockups, motorbikes drop off no car just steam roller . and track laying vehicle etc.
Yes, they tried to take 'track laying vehicle' off mine........But I still had the paper licence, so they re-instated it.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL - my 3 year licence (diabetes) was due again in June 2025, I received the renewal forms at the beginning of April (always give us 3 months) and sent them back on the 10th. I received my new licence, now exp June 2018 on April 22nd.

I've been having these 3 year renewals since I passed my test in 1986 - and this is the quickest turn-round I have ever had. Last time - it took them 8 months !

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
No gwaygway the vehicle categories are all exactly as they should be

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Changing vehicle so wanted to retain plate. There is now a facility to retain online. The £25 retention fee has been scrapped, it's now £80 assignment only which last 10 years.
Retained online using debit card, vehicle was re-issued immediately with original number. Received new V5 on 2nd working day. Old MOT certificate still valid, you destroy old V5.
Well done for once, DVLA.
Seems the weak link is human intervention!
Assignment is still manual by post, so could still end in tears. I understand current turn around time is 1 week from them receiving documents.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Changing vehicle so wanted to retain plate. There is now a facility to retain online. The £25 retention fee has been scrapped, it's now £80 assignment only which last 10 years.
Retained online using debit card, vehicle was re-issued immediately with original number. Received new V5 on 2nd working day. Old MOT certificate still valid, you destroy old V5.
Well done for once, DVLA.
Seems the weak link is human intervention!
Assignment is still manual by post, so could still end in tears. I understand current turn around time is 1 week from them receiving documents.
And who said that the Tory's have done nothing for us?? :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back