No Gas!! (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Went for my first test trip this year, supports down, electric hook up done ,gas on, no gas, check everything switched on, all OK, had a moan to person who runs site who tried, no go,luckily I had a kettle and salad so didn't starve, next day went to have it checked and was told the and regulator had gone. At least I was close to home and beginning of season. The joys of Motor-homing.:rolleyes:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just out of interest have you had a habitation service done this year?

not sure if that would have picked up a regulator fault, I think they might a bit like a fuse or light bulb, suddenly just giving up

as you say luckily not too much of an inconvenience, you could have been the 'wrong' side of the tunnel :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Indy259
Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi David
I only bought her in September 2014 from a company and a habitation check was done at the time, I was told today it was something that did go without warning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi I had this on my MH it turned out to be truma regulator I found a local dealer to get the truma replacement
speaking to the dealer he informed me that there was no warranty on the truma if the gas was contaminated causing the problem which I cannot prove either way,I ended up buying the Gaslow regulator which has a 5 year warranty no matter what happens about, £10 dearer and it is direct replacement with stainless hose takes about 15/20 mins to fit and test connections with soapy water for leaks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Indy259
Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Musson
My regulator is being replaced for the same reason also not covered by the warranty. I was told this happens quite a bit so I'll have to ask which type of regulator it will be, the Gaslow one sounds good.

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
According to a couple of different suppliers that I have spoken to, Truma regulators are more likely to need replacing due to getting gunged up than other makes.

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We purchased our second hand van from West Country Motorhomes last September and the same thing happened to us almost immediately. In our case it started as an intermittent issue rather than an all out failure, so we had no confidence as to when gas appliances would function. Thankfully, the dealer replaced our regulator under the warranty and the issue has not reoccurred since.

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
This seems a very common problem-----We have a gas tank and bottles---does the tank have it's own regulator---or is it plumbed through the main bottle's regulator ??????
Nigel & Pamala

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Changed regulator on mine recently when I recommissioned the on board tank. Must have been the original as it had a replaceable diaphragm ! :D
Not only that but after ensuring the tank & everything worked I
tested the old regulator & it still functioned perfectly.(y):LOL:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Indy259
Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Nigel & Pamala

Its plumbed through the main bottles regulator, I'm very new to this so thought at first I had messed it up!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Indy259
Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
We purchased our second hand van from West Country Motorhomes last September and the same thing happened to us almost immediately. In our case it started as an intermittent issue rather than an all out failure, so we had no confidence as to when gas appliances would function. Thankfully, the dealer replaced our regulator under the warranty and the issue has not reoccurred since.

You were lucky my dealer has told me they cannot do it through the warranty as its a fault that occurs quite often.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
On our first trip last year it took us ages to get the gas to work. Since then it's been problematic until last trip when we couldn't get gas at all. Having read about the Trauma regulators, Brian has fitted a new one (same make....why???) and a filter. Still no joy. Can anyone suggest what else may be causing this?
BTW the gas bottle is full.
Karen

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have had van now for nearly 6 years with a Truma regulator. Because of all the faults people reported I bought a spare to carry with me (try getting a replacement in Morocco!). And of course I've never needed it, but it's still there - probably end up helping someone else out.....

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have had van now for nearly 6 years with a Truma regulator. Because of all the faults people reported I bought a spare to carry with me (try getting a replacement in Morocco!). And of course I've never needed it, but it's still there - probably end up helping someone else out.....
I carry a bottle top regulator as a spare hopefully will never need it, have also fitted filters.

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
we have no gas nether first time since fitting the gas low system meant to go to our local suppler but forgot thinking we had enough to do us kettle on half way in to boil gas gows out :crying:
b:swear2: wife go's don't worry I brought the camping stove ::bigsmile: clever girl
no heating but plenty of blankets and snuggling up
bill

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in maroc they are sensible . only use bottle top regs . you can buy them for 20 dirham ,and get an adgustable one so it works on butane pentane or propane .
pentane is the common gas in many african countries as it requires a high temp to vapour and is very cheap. does black your pans though.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back