Lyme Regis - Hook Farm Or Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Hi all,

Just planning our first proper trip and want to start in the Lyme Regis area.
I remember from being there in the past that the roads are steep and it is very busy so thought I would look for somewhere to stay within walking distance from the beach and have found Hook farm.
Has anyone stayed there or can anyone recommend anywhere else where we can leave the van and walk to the town?

Many thanks
James

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

Don't know anything about Hook Farm but if you want to park in Lyme Regis you can use the Holmbush car park which has some dedicated motorhome spaces, easy (but hilly) walk into town.

Nice town Lyme Regis, we are heading that way in a couple of weeks and are staying at a Britstops location a couple of miles from the town.

Holmbush.JPG

Paul

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Hi

Don't know anything about Hook Farm but if you want to park in Lyme Regis you can use the Holmbush car park which has some dedicated motorhome spaces, easy (but hilly) walk into town.

Nice town Lyme Regis, we are heading that way in a couple of weeks and are staying at a Britstops location a couple of miles from the town.

View attachment 61059

Paul

Thanks Paul, that's great.
I have just seen a post about Britstops and been on the website so think i will join but the only problem is my camper does not have a toilet so it will need to be a pub. not a problem for a night but for a few days would prefer a site with hookup and facilities.

just out of interest can you remember the rough cost of parking at Holmbush for the day? if it's not too much i may just drive and park there and go to the site later in the day.

James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Paul, that's great.
I have just seen a post about Britstops and been on the website so think i will join but the only problem is my camper does not have a toilet so it will need to be a pub. not a problem for a night but for a few days would prefer a site with hookup and facilities.

just out of interest can you remember the rough cost of parking at Holmbush for the day? if it's not too much i may just drive and park there and go to the site later in the day.

James

Hi James

Can't remember how much we paid to park but I always resent paying more than about three quid so I am sure it is reasonable. We were there long enough to have a look round the place. I can recommend the cream tea at the Alexandra Hotel (not far from Holmbush car park), not cheap but very nice sitting in their large garden.

Last time we stayed at the C&CC Charmouth site, straightforward drive to Lyme Regis. If you do join Britstops there is a pub in the scheme not far away, can't remember what its called now.

Paul

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Hi
We stayed 2 weeks ago at Westover farm, a CL site CCC members only at Wootton Fitzpayne. Nice working farm, hot showers and loos. A steep drive in but the farmer works a one way system that works. Easy walk into Charmouth and we went up to the golden cap. Would recommend if you are a member.
LC

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Hi James

Can't remember how much we paid to park but I always resent paying more than about three quid so I am sure it is reasonable. We were there long enough to have a look round the place. I can recommend the cream tea at the Alexandra Hotel (not far from Holmbush car park), not cheap but very nice sitting in their large garden.

Last time we stayed at the C&CC Charmouth site, straightforward drive to Lyme Regis. If you do join Britstops there is a pub in the scheme not far away, can't remember what its called now.

Paul

Ok thanks Paul, will take a look.
Sorry but what is cc&c?

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Hi
We stayed 2 weeks ago at Westover farm, a CL site CCC members only at Wootton Fitzpayne. Nice working farm, hot showers and loos. A steep drive in but the farmer works a one way system that works. Easy walk into Charmouth and we went up to the golden cap. Would recommend if you are a member.
LC

Thank you LC will look at this too
I keep seeing CL in posts, what does this stand for?

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Oh sorry. A CL site is a camping and caravan club certified listed (CL) site that has a maximum of 5 units. Specifications vary a bit, usually nice quiet sites. The down side is you have to be a camping and caravan club (CCC) member. Both the CCC and the separate caravan club (CC) have these small useful sites in their books.
You may, or may not decide to join these clubs, we are members as they have good sites in various places in the UK you can use.
All adds to the cost though when you first start you don't know what you want to join, if anything,
Hope that explains - both clubs have web sites you can look at without being a member- take a look
Regards
LC

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Thank you LC
Sorry for such a newbie question!
That's great, I will check out the websites and decide which will be worth joining for us

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Hook farm is a great site. A 30 minute pleasant walk into town, pub at the end of the drive. It has a new but unfinished toilet block and the toilets are clean but the showers are not powerful. Very friendly staff. We stayed there last week and it was nicely quiet.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Had a quick look at the parking fees for Holmbush as I had been thinking of going down that way. It may be that they have changed their pricing policy - it looks like cars are £2 a day and 'large vehicles' at £1 an hour 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Obviously they are not that keen on motorhomers there :(

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Thanks dippingatoe, that is a bit steep as we planned to have a really long walk along the coast with a picnic lunch and then eat when we eventually got back!
Greedy people

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi i think the britstop pub is either the hunters lodge or hunters in about 3 miles fromlyme regards

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
he re you are
Hook Farm Camping and Caravan Park

Home Page

dt73uu1.jpg

dt73uu2.jpg

dt73uu3.jpg

dt73uu4.jpg

Description of site.

A tranquil and peaceful setting in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and away from the main roads. The park offers fabulous views of the Lym Valley and is the closest to Lyme Regis (1m via a leafy river walk) - a great base for walking the South West Coastal Footpath or visiting the charming Devon and Dorset villages. Static caravans and camping pitches are available. Dogs are welcome - dog walk area provided. The village pub is only 400 yards away!

Site Details: Gore Lane, Uplyme, Lyme Regis, Dorset, DT7 3UU

Onsite Facilities - 100 Tourers/Motorhomes/Tents, (4 Hard standing), 58 Hookups, 17 Statics 5 for Hire, Toilets, Showers, Chemical Disposal Point, Dish-washing, Disabled Facilities, Pets Allowed, Children's Play Area, Food Shop, Gas, Laundrette.

Offsite Facilities - Bar/Pub 400yds, Restaurant 1m, Takeaway Food 400yds, Indoor Heated Pool 5m, Tennis Courts 500yds, Fishing 1m, Golf Course 2m, Horse Riding 5m, Water Sports 25m, Sandy Beach 2m, Not Sandy Beach 2m.

Contact and Fees:

Open Mar to Nov

Fees from £10.00 to £29.00

Statics £260 to £595 per week

Please mention this web site when booking.

Adrian Morgan

Tel 01297 442801

Fax 01297 442801

Email

information@hookfarm-uplyme.co.uk

Website

www.hookfarm-uplyme.co.uk

Directions to site:

From the A35 Dorchester to Honiton trunk road take the turn to UPLYME at Raymonds Hill (at the Hunters Lodge pub). In Uplyme turn right opposite the Talbot Arms pub into Gore Lane.

From the A3052 Sidmouth to Lyme Regis road take the UPLYME turn into Gore Lane approximately 1 mile west of Lyme Regis.

Back to Town Listi

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
A little clarification on the CL and CS sites.
The Caravan Club call their 5van sites Certificated Locations (cl) but the Camping and Caravanning Club call theirs Certificated Sites (cs).
Other organisations may also have 5van sites and also refer to them as cl's or cs's

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Hi i think the britstop pub is either the hunters lodge or hunters in about 3 miles fromlyme regards
Please don't refer to the Britstop locations by name.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Had a quick look at the parking fees for Holmbush as I had been thinking of going down that way. It may be that they have changed their pricing policy - it looks like cars are £2 a day and 'large vehicles' at £1 an hour 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Obviously they are not that keen on motorhomers there :(

Its okay, motorhomes are charged the same as cars according to the Dorest County Council website.

Paul

PS Oops, sorry - Dippingatoe beat me to it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back