Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
I am just about to upgrade my motorhome. currently 6m long new one 7.2m long. I have a reversing camera but wondered if I would benefit from parking sensors on the front and rear. If it is a good idea any recommendations and where to get fitted without that suck trough the gap in the teeth and "a motorhome well double to price I just said" mentality. Based in Essex

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
It's not too difficult a task to fit them yourself and kits are available on the internet. So it doesn't increase the price because it's a motorhome. I have to say I find the camera more useful. I had just sensors at first but still managed to reverse into an unseen car that had pulled up behind me. Now have the camera as well and am surprised at what was previously unseen without it

Wyn

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
With a 7m van I try not to get into tight situations that would need a parking sensor, it's all too easy to get trapped. You'll find that with the longer van car parks , especially in towns and cities, are probably best avoided 'cos you won't fit in a normal space.

The reversing camera is a good enough aid for me but if it looks a bit tight I get the other half to get out and watch out for me (just make sure she knows to be in your vision!).

I've got a tow bar fitted so that gives a bit of peace of mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
With a 7m van I try not to get into tight situations that would need a parking sensor, it's all too easy to get trapped. You'll find that with the longer van car parks , especially in towns and cities, are probably best avoided 'cos you won't fit in a normal space.

We never let it bother us, at just over 8m we go pretty much everywhere, even in the smallest car parks we can find a slot. We pulled into a tiny McDonalds carpark the other day, so tight we were breathing in and had to shuffle around one tight corner, found a space though, always do Don't avoid going somewhere, the more you mix it up with others the better you get at it :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We never let it bother us, at just over 8m we go pretty much everywhere, even in the smallest car parks we can find a slot. We pulled into a tiny McDonalds carpark the other day, so tight we were breathing in and had to shuffle around one tight corner, found a space though, always do Don't avoid going somewhere, the more you mix it up with others the better you get at it :)
About time they raised their roof canopies though so you can get through the Drive Through!:LOL:

Reactions: Jim

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I do find the rear sensors useful, I use the camera to check all is clear behind then prefer to use the mirrors rather than the camera.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The reversing camera is a good enough aid for me but if it looks a bit tight I get the other half to get out and watch out for me (just make sure she knows to be in your vision!).

Or has a walkie-talkie and knows which way the driver needs to turn the wheel to move in the correct direction!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back