Very Poor Customer Service From Rainbow Conversions (1 Viewer)

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I bought some items from Rainbow conversions, either me or them made a mistake on the order, so i only ended up with part of a table set ordered, if i ordered the rest of the parts to make the set then i would end up paying much more as individual prices, + two lots of postage, i accept the postage charge, i emailed them ,no reply, i emailed them again they said they had replied and it was probably in my spam, well i checked my spam and there was no reply, anyway they said go back to website and order the parts i need, well they missed the point , it would have cost them nothing to let me buy the individual items at a price that would come to the set total price rather than over the odds individual prices
So i emailed them back pointing out the cost to them to was zero and it would have been the decent thing to send me these items and i pay the balance to make the set price, and that it would be good for their business and have me as a repeat customer who sings their praises, but no they are ignoring my emails totally, i have sent them another email but no reply to that either,
If their customer service department is separate to the owner or management then i suspect they are just putting me down as an awkward customer and deleting my mail to them, if it is the owner or manager who gets the emails then shame on them, and they have lost me as a customer and i will never recommend them to anyone, i bet st johns cross or other funster member /sellers would do the decent thing, and there is my lesson learnt, use good proven sellers that are on this forum
pete

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I have used Rainbow Convertions a few times and always found them excellent in terms of customer service, price and quality.

Sorry to read your experience was poor, it's just not my experience.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Firstly I am taking a neutral position on this.
I have had this situation where a customer insists that I have not replied to emails, and similarly I tell them to check spam folders.
Not only do you need to check on your machine, but lots of isp's block spam at source, so you also need to check using the webmail app from your isp. You will find details on how to do this from your provider. You may find the replies to your emails in there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have you tried phoning them and asking to speak to the manager? Or sending an actual letter via the post.
I don't think I would be publicly shaming them until I had exhausted all other options.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I called in to Rainbow a couple of years ago to get info and prices on a upgrade to some fittings in my Hymer.
I found that the person I spoke to face to face, to be very offhand and patronising. He seemed to be totally dis-interested and almost rude.
I eventually went to Magnum and got what I needed and some very helpful advice was freely offered.
If it's still the same guy there I would say you have no chance of satisfaction.

:cooler:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Irnbru beat me to it.. Rainbow have served me and people I know very well over the years, but I am close enough to them to shoot over and collect what I want.
They have often given really good advice and supplied not what I thought was correct but something better and often cheaper !

I would try and ring them..
usual advice, try not to be too belligerent as the person you will speak to will not be the same one who has been mailing.. Treat the person as a friend rather than an adversary.. There are few truer .... errr.. truisms than the old 'you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar !!

Reactions: JJ

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Irnbru beat me to it.. Rainbow have served me and people I know very well over the years, but I am close enough to them to shoot over and collect what I want.
They have often given really good advice and supplied not what I thought was correct but something better and often cheaper !

I would try and ring them..
usual advice, try not to be too belligerent as the person you will speak to will not be the same one who has been mailing.. Treat the person as a friend rather than an adversary.. There are few truer .... errr.. truisms than the old 'you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar !!
I agree, pick the phone up sort it out

Emailing to say that your previous emails haven't achieved what you wanted is bound to fail

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back