Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
hi all,

Just thought I would drop by and say hi

I have always loved the idea of having a camper but having moved around a fair bit and living in cities it just never happened.
I am now in my early thirties and myself and my partner decided that it was time. We bought 'Derek' our 1985 Renault Trafic T1000 10 days ago and we love him.
He has only had 4 owners and is in wonderful condition. Good Service history and flew through the mot 2 weeks ago. He's diesel and has done 88000.
Have spend the last few days getting used to what everything does and giving the interior a new lease of life (my partner freaks out a little at the thought of other people's dead skin haha) so a whole new set of upholstery and curtains are currently being made and should be ready to collect in a few days time. Just finshed sanding and painting all the units and just have to put the new vinyl on the tops and I'm done.

First overnighter this weekend and quite happy the weather looks bad so we get to cuddle up in our new van

look forward to chatting

James

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi

Welcome to the forum from the Midlands

You make " now in my early thirties and decided it was time" sound like your are nearing the end of your life, when in fact you have most of your life ahead of you.

Enjoy your new hobby, pastime and way of life,

Welcome again from someone who was in his early thirties many years ago.

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Thank you guys and gals :)

Hi

Welcome to the forum from the Midlands

You make " now in my early thirties and decided it was time" sound like your are nearing the end of your life, when in fact you have most of your life ahead of you.

Enjoy your new hobby, pastime and way of life,

Welcome again from someone who was in his early thirties many years ago.

Haha trekkin - I think that came out wrong. I have wanted one for years but never been in the right place/job/location etc but now I have a nice driveway, Central to eveywhere and the money to afford to look after a van and go away regularly. The early 30's comment was more of a 'I've wanted one since my teens and I've waited long enough' haha

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Welcome,
Exciting travels ahead.
The older diesel traffics are a fantastic van, saw them with over 250k and going strong...... great choice.
Have fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Welcome,
Exciting travels ahead.
The older diesel traffics are a fantastic van, saw them with over 250k and going strong...... great choice.
Have fun.

Thank you Jonkil

We had been looking on lots of forums and websites at the what we could get that was not too big, a nice vintage feel about it and something reliable. As you say I have seen them advertised with pushing 200k and with it being diesel we should be good with this one as it has been really cared for.
Excited is an understatement.....I am like a kid at Christmas, earlier I just went out and sat in it with a bottle of cider to see what it will feel like on Saturday hahaha, is that mad?

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Thank you Jonkil

We had been looking on lots of forums and websites at the what we could get that was not too big, a nice vintage feel about it and something reliable. As you say I have seen them advertised with pushing 200k and with it being diesel we should be good with this one as it has been really cared for.
Excited is an understatement.....I am like a kid at Christmas, earlier I just went out and sat in it with a bottle of cider to see what it will feel like on Saturday hahaha, is that mad?

No that's perfectly normal, as is sleeping in your new to you motorhome on the drive, spending every spare moment just sitting in it. All just perfectly normal

And the best bit, you never loose that initial excitement, every outing (Or staying on the drive) is a new adventure

Enjoy your new toy...

And remember you do not need to travel far to enjoy Motorhoming just down the road is sometimes far enough

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley:

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Welcome from another Renault Trafic autosleeper owner. I hope you have lots of fun in Derek!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hello, welcome and well done you. Also wanted a van for a long time, from seeing my first dormobile, finally got my first when in my late thirties. Have had them on and off since. Just changed to a garage model to carry the bike.

OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
apologies for not replying soon, i did not realise i had to pay to post haha!
anyway i've paid up and am officially a 'funster'

thank you all for your kind welcome :)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi: again Jim & Jo forgot to wish you the best of luck for your first night in "Derek" hope everything goes well (y) doesn't matter what the weather does, you'll enjoy it anyway :clap2:, bet you can't wait. Have a great time :party2: Mew & Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back