hi bought a compass aventguarde 180 09 (1 Viewer)

T

tonyuk

Deleted User
Hi

just registered

we were looking at some motorhomes and have put a deposit down on the new compass 180

it is nice looking and under 3500kg with u shaped lounge at rear, can post some pictures if anyone interested

overall has anyone got a model like this, if so what year and what should we check before we leave the dealer

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Look under the bonnent and see if its got all the engine covers in place.
I guess its a Peugeot with a 5 speed gearbox this is a must before you buy take that van out or a similar model at the dealer and see if it will reverse on a incline without the van shaking and juddering,there are also reports of burnt out clutches and the need for replavement gear boxes.This might also occur on grass and gravel.
I bought a Peugeot based motorhome with a 5 speed box I WISH I HAD NEVER BOUGHT IT,
Peugeot have no fix for the problem I have this in writing.
Do not believe the motorhome dealer.
There are other Forums were this problem is reported more or and look out for condensation in the headlamps.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Peugeot have no fix for the problem I have this in writing.
Do not believe the motorhome dealer.
There are other Forums were this problem is reported more or and look out for condensation in the headlamps.

I have heard reports that Peogot are now going to fit a lower ratio reverse gear and clutch to affected vans, have another go at them.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I have a letter that arrived on Saturday that says that they are still working on a solution and currently they do not have one.
That's a bit different from what was reported in MMM and more recently What van.
I also have a letter that says the item in MMM late 2008 which quoted a statement by Ian Sedgewick[ Pr dept] was inaccurate.
So yet again we have all the spin and PR but when it comes down to it they have no fix.
If Peugeot have please tell and fix mine.
I should have stuck to boats I sold mine to buy the motorhome but now I have another boat,if I could get rid of this Peugeot motorthome then I would.

OP
OP
T

tonyuk

Deleted User
hi

what year is yours, this is 09 plate, this is their newest model out, is yours a compass?

also are you ever on the chat rooms, could do with a chat as we have put down a 500 pounds deposit

thank you

ps what wieght is yours also engine size

ours is 2200cc and under 3500kg drove it, it seemed fine, a little sluggish but got over 70 no probs

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I have sent you 2 PM on this site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi

just registered

we were looking at some motorhomes and have put a deposit down on the new compass 180

it is nice looking and under 3500kg with u shaped lounge at rear, can post some pictures if anyone interested

overall has anyone got a model like this, if so what year and what should we check before we leave the dealer

thank you

We had a firestorm 180 same make just badged different, we had no problems at all with it, a excellant van and good value for money.
Sold it 8 months later (to get the RV) for the same price we bought it for.

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
If I could change my current Peugeot based motorhome I would buy a Swift,Peter Smith and his team are active in some forums and they want to help their customers and Fiat have also been active on these forums and unlike Peugeot are trying to overcome problems.
They were the first with the cure for the water ingress problem and are giving help with the current gearbox problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back