Water-fed Long Reach Van Washing Brush ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looking for a washing brush with hose connection.. something like this perhaps

any recommendations ?

thanks

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have had several of these and the weakness is in the hose connector at the end of the handle, they always seems to break off as there is quite a degree of lever arm from a pressurised hose. I always end up with using it without a hose attached, like now! However with a nice soft brush head I found them ideal on last RV.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have always mean't to try a brass connector in the end by the way but have not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've never owned one that doesn't eventually leak and get you soaked. Nowadays I just use a ball bungee to attach a hose to a soft broom. Much better and no soaked arm-pits

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've never owned one that doesn't eventually leak and get you soaked. Nowadays I just use a ball bungee to attach a hose to a soft broom. Much better and no soaked arm-pits
that's been my experinec.. hence asking the funsters..

my last brush broke and I use it with a bucket.. but that is good idea and may just go with that .. (y)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have had several of these and the weakness is in the hose connector at the end of the handle, they always seems to break off as there is quite a degree of lever arm from a pressurised hose. I always end up with using it without a hose attached, like now! However with a nice soft brush head I found them ideal on last RV.

ditto

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We bought this kind of kit at the NEC

So far it has been great, easy to use and saves a lot of water.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yes use one all the time, but with a large bucket never with a hose (there is no suds) and not worth buying cheap, and try to find one one with a metal bit for screwing the head on otherwise they tend to break there and make sure the handle is chunky enough else they bend(y)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We bought a new yellow triple telescopic job from the Peterborough show.
It's got a head with bristles in 3 planes. The bristles to the sides are especially useful because they cushion the sides of the brush with impacts on rooflights, etc.
It fits well index the overcab join as well as extending sufficiently long enough to do the upstairs windows and facia boards at home.
The stand we bought it from is a regular at the Warner shows. Can't remember their name but they do wheel trims, mats, polish and seat covers and stuff too.

I have washed the van once and all the windows and conservatory. Still awaiting the first leak!

The best tip I can pass on is that you are better having a triple pole partially extended than a double completely extended. The overlap between the sections makes it stiffer.
The same applies to forklift masts!

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought one of those brushes when we first had a van. Only used it with a hose a couple of times, for the reasons others have given, and then used it with a bucket. I now use Onedrywash.

We bought a Washmatik about 30 years or so ago for cleaning the car. They do work but I found them awkward compared to a brush & bucket or Onedrywash. I wouldn't like to try to clean a van (and certainly not the roof) with one.

andreWander

Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
Thames Valley
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 2007
Exp
I use the Amazon washmatic for the roof working from a platform. I can stand the bucket of hot soapy water on the roof and it feeds slowly to loosen the dirt. However to do the vertical surfaces working from the ground I use Broken Link Removed It works well for me.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I use the Amazon washmatic for the roof working from a platform. I can stand the bucket of hot soapy water on the roof and it feeds slowly to loosen the dirt. However to do the vertical surfaces working from the ground I use Broken Link Removed It works well for me.
That looks interesting but on Amazon where its cheaper by the way, there does seem to be a number of problems relating to the soap dispenser and its general construction. I am not sure about your reference to a bucket on the roof?

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
The one we have suctions out the water as you use the brush. You prime it first with a movement and the water soapy solution comes out. Very clever :). On the roof just stand the bucket on roof and it works. I think we paid £20 for the whole kit at the NEC.

chris16

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
Hastings
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
I bought one from Johns Cross at Robertsbridge a couple of weeks ago with Funster discount and it worked well. Used a bucket for soaping up and connected hose to rinse off.

judywatkin

Free Member
Dec 8, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
my brother in law is a window cleaner and they use these long telescopic carbon fibre poles with a brush on the end he uses wfp but they can get very expensive and I'm not sure if the brush would be suitable for car paintwork. if its too expensive look on eBay or amazon for "water fed poles" there are some very cheap options available. hope this helps. Judy.

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
my brother in law is a window cleaner and they use these long telescopic carbon fibre poles with a brush on the end he uses wfp but they can get very expensive and I'm not sure if the brush would be suitable for car paintwork. if its too expensive look on eBay or amazon for "water fed poles" there are some very cheap options available. hope this helps. Judy.
Its not easily seen but this thread is from 2015. Doesn't matter really thread is still relevant.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I bought a number 20+ years ago when I had my Coach & Bus business from a Truck cleaning supplier.
Sold most with the vehicles but still have one that I kept after I retired 10yrs ago.
It has a yellow 3section heavyish alloy body, and 2 dimensional screw on changeable heads.
They were expensive but one gets what one pays for.

Tip: IF they break near the hose connection, put a jubilee clip at the end of the handle over the connector when new and tighten.
It worked for us.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Funny how an old thread resurfaces after 8 years ...

So better give an update...

yes, I did buy one back in 2015 ..

Draper telescopic brush .. .. and yes , eventually the hose connection eventually snapped off... but the brush is still in use today to wash the PVC .. so it wasn't a bad buy ,..

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I got one from Toolstation years ago it has had a couple of leaks including a pin hole but fixed now, it's telescopic which is great for washing the roof. I bought it to wash my work van so it worked hard for a few years. I don't remember how much I paid but I think it was under 20 quid

Edit

Still under 20 quid now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back