I Never Thought It Was Going To Be So Hards (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We've been back a couple of days from almost 3 months away in the van and I didn't realise how hard it was getting back into the grove of living back in the house.
Ho it's not just the fact that the grass is nearly a foot high and the weeds have taken over the veg plot or the fact that the house being empty for 3 months during the winter is taking an age to warmup and I'm having to cut more wood to feed the hungry wood burners. . . . . . It's the bloody stairs! . . . . . . My knees and calf muscles feel as though I've just run the London Marathon!
Must think about selling the house and buying a bungalow

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a young chap who does our garden, supervised by our far from young next door neighbour who likes our garden to be neat as he can see it. It costs a little bit but better than coming back to a wilderness. I hate gardening anyway. My ideal garden would be tarmac.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've already got a bungalow ... bought it when I was 30 and hubby 35! :rolleyes: Only problem we have is that when we go away and start pottering round villages etc in the mountains ... by heck do we notice the steps! :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I invested in AstroTurf.
Lawn always looks immaculate when we return from 3 months away (y)
Astro turf?
Hmmm, sounds a good idea.
Only problem is we have 3 acers of grass.
During the summer months we have sheep to keep the grass down but they end up in the freezer by the end of November and the blooming grass goes berserk as soon as my backs turned.
Hey, ho, such is life

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We've already got a bungalow ... bought it when I was 30 and hubby 35! :rolleyes: Only problem we have is that when we go away and start pottering round villages etc in the mountains ... by heck do we notice the steps! :D

LOL, looks like you can't win

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Astro turf?
Hmmm, sounds a good idea.
Only problem is we have 3 acers of grass.
During the summer months we have sheep to keep the grass down but they end up in the freezer by the end of November and the blooming grass goes berserk as soon as my backs turned.
Hey, ho, such is life

Sheep equals fertiliser = good growth. :rolleyes:

Our bungalow is up for sale!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ha ha, Planning the next trip is never far from my mind.
Trust you are both fit and well
Yes thanks, still in Portugal but starting a slow amble home. We've got 20 days to get back to the UK. Good job we won't have any lawns to mow, would not be looking forward to that.:whistle2:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Pat I thought you were thinking of stopping in beni permanently when we last spoke to you & Mike hope to see you soon

Dave & Poll

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back