2011 Boxer - Radio Won't Come Out (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all
I need to remove my factory fit single DIN radio to replace with a new one - I have the radio keys but when I put them in and try to remove the radio it just won't budge - does anyone know if it is held with a retaining screw or something?
Thanks
richard

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bump

Same problem with mine on a 13 plate but I imagine it's the same. The lift up doc holder thingy in the middle looks the same as usual but is fixed on this model, wouldn't think that affects the radio. Spent a fortune, 99p from ebay on the tools to remove radio but like yours she won't budge. Given up for the moment as there's other things on the list.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Been out for the last 2 hours trying to get it out - it just won't shift - tried pulling, pushing, bending the keys, it seems to be stuck solid as if there is a screw/bolt holding it in - will have a try again tomorrow as I need to out to put the new one in!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I have the rear view camera mounted on there. I did take that off a while back to explore but didn't appear to be of any help. Now you've said that I'll look again.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Ive had a look again this morning - It just won't budge and I can't see anything under the clip board that would free it up - I think I might go to Halfords and see what they think...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Been out for the last 2 hours trying to get it out - it just won't shift - tried pulling, pushing, bending the keys, it seems to be stuck solid as if there is a screw/bolt holding it in - will have a try again tomorrow as I need to out to put the new one in!

That "lift up doc holder thingy" in the middle pulls off and you can access the radio from the top.

:cooler:

If the above quote (second) is correct then i suspect there is a stud at the back of the radiowhich goes through a bracket on the bulkhead/dash frame and secured with a nut.

Usually the stud will have a rubber bobbin which pushes into a thimble shaped holder instead of a hole as in general there is no access when the radio is in place.
the stud is to support the back of the radio....not usually to hold it in.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Can you post a photo please, our 2013 Autotrail was difficult to remove I suggest using two cake spatulas which a wider then the removal tools all you have to do is fold back the retaining clips which could be in the centre line of the radio.
Ours wasn`t held in with any bolts, yours being a fiat front end should be the same, there is a large space behind the radio to allow for the double units like the useless 12ele units Autotrail fitted.
So I`m thinking it will just pull out once you have released the holding clips, ours was a fiddle but but the wider blades did the job.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Result! I have managed to get the radio out. I slightly bent the end of the radio keys a little and pushed them in as far as they would go, then a but of jiggling and big pull the radio moved out just enough to be able to use a screw driver to remove the blanking piece above (single din radio in double din socket). This then gave me access to the back of the radio so I could pull from the front and push from the back

It look like it was really tight as there was rubber padding around it!

Thanks all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back