First brew in our new motorhome (1 Viewer)

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
Well Wil picked up our new to us motorhome tonight and I couldn't wait to get home from work! We've been sat having a brew and tried the heating and deciding where we will put everything for ages. I think our neighbour must think we're nuts:). Exciting stuff! Just gutted we can't get away in her this weekend as the kids have a better social life than us and both have things on :(. Will give me chance to get everything set up I suppose and let Wil figure out all the controls. Will hopefully meet some of you soon as we hope to get to some rallies. Will be heading to a party in Falkirk in a few weeks so will be looking for tips on places to visit while there (y) Denise

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
A new van is always fun.
Looking forward to going to some rallies :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I'm sure you'll be very happy with her. Plenty stress free weekends for you to relax, Denise. In fact i'm surprised your not all sleeping in there tonight!
Why don't you join the ccc then you've choice of lots of different rallies up and down the country . You can fit in around the kids social life that way. That's what we used to do when ours were younger. It meant we could get away at least twice a month cheaply , to some lovely villages. There's usually other kids at them too.
Its forecast snow and frost for next Monday !
You'll be able to see how fab the webasto is. Before the winter.
Happy camping.
Bx

Upvote 0

Big Lad

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 570E
Exp
Did exactly the same this weekend... went out locally, parked up and tested the new kettle. (y)

Attachments

• 20150419_145321.jpg
    20150419_145321.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I would be sleeping in it tonight, showering in it in the morning and having breakfast :):)
But then I'm just a big kid :rofl::rofl:

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi there, can't beat a cuppa in the van, on the drive, brilliant (y) done it on many occasion. The best of luck with the new van and your travels, wherever they may take you :D Let the good times roll :party:Mew & Mick

Upvote 0
OP
OP
denzil

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
Thanks for all the lovely comments. Been back again for a lovely peaceful brew away from the kids this evening! :) Think it may become habit forming giving me 30 minutes of peace and time to myself on returning from work before the demands for tea, homework help, money, lifts etc etc !! My motorhome is going to become my 'Woman Cave' in between trips!! Wil can have the garage :LOL:

Upvote 0

Moi34

Free Member
Apr 15, 2014
Falkirk Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ev
Exp
Thanks for all the lovely comments. Been back again for a lovely peaceful brew away from the kids this evening! :) Think it may become habit forming giving me 30 minutes of peace and time to myself on returning from work before the demands for tea, homework help, money, lifts etc etc !! My motorhome is going to become my 'Woman Cave' in between trips!! Wil can have the garage :LOL:

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Great to hear about your new motorhome(y)

Scottish Power were replacing power lines around us last month, so the power was off from 9 am till 4.30.....but thankfully we had the van, so the gas fire was on, we had lunch, endless teas and coffees and just sat inside snug and toasty watching tv until the power was back on again. Had we not had the van, we'd have been miserable as it was really cold:(

Wishing you many happy times in your new van and lots of trips away(y)

Margaret & Bill

Upvote 0

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
also tried out the bed for an afternoon nap..
Ahhhh! One of the great pleasures of motor home life. Park up for lunch, and afterwards a nice nap whilst the rest of the world rushes by! :)

We are subject to quite a few power cuts up here and during a couple of the longer ones have retreated to our motor home where we could cook, brew tea and watch the telly in warm comfort until the mains came back on. Hmmmm owning a motor home is a bit like being a 'survivalist'. :)

Welcome to the fold.

KH

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
The joys of having a new van. not new to motorhoming but we have a new to us van. great when you are able to have it on the drive at home. a sulking hut, for him a spare bedroom or, best of all, a me place for us ladies. i even slept in one of mine on the drive if having a bad day (worked nights). Just get out and enjoy it any excuse, or none welcome to our wonderful lifestyle.

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
The joys of having a new van. not new to motorhoming but we have a new to us van. great when you are able to have it on the drive at home. a sulking hut, for him a spare bedroom or, best of all, a me place for us ladies. i even slept in one of mine on the drive if having a bad day (worked nights). Just get out and enjoy it any excuse, or none welcome to our wonderful lifestyle.

:LOL:........."a sulking hut", I love that! I have threatened to send OH out there when he starts snoring.........saying why should I leave my nice warm bed to go outside(y) I had to laugh a while back when we showed a friend inside the van, he said, "Oh, this is really cosy, you could sleep out here no problem, you've got everything you need":doh:

Margaret

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back