Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
i have had my motorhome for a year now, needs first service becvause of warrenty, does anybody know if there is a time limit to get the service done, one dealer said 1 month and another said 3

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Terms and conditions will be in your documents
Rule of thumb
within 1 Month or 500 Miles of due date and mileage
If you over shoot stipulated times and milage you might as well tear up your warrany:Doh:

drs

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Ware, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi you will have a time limit. It will say how long in your handbook. Mine is with the explorer group and they allow 60 days. They will penalise you if miss it. My problem with this is that they call it a service but they don't service anything they just check it, so if it goes wrong at a later date they may not cover it fully under the warranty but it's not like an engine service where there is some maintaince involved it is just a check.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Are we talking about vehicle warrenty or Habitation warrenty?

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
both,if i brought it second hand from a dealer and have had it a year is that the point that i have to get it checked, even though it was not first brought by the previous owner on that date but from new six months earlier

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
both,if i brought it second hand from a dealer and have had it a year is that the point that i have to get it checked, even though it was not first brought by the previous owner on that date but from new six months earlier

The mind boggles............

In theory the services should have been done when the van was 12 months old but if your dealer did a mech and hab service at six months.......................

If he did not, then your six months out of date.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
i would asume that they would have do an habitation check around the same time as that and just before they sold it to me wiouldn't they
looks like i have got 90 days before and 60 days after to get this done and i have the fiat part booked in next saturday and the hab check by cls 17th april so i should be ok but it is worth others checking that these are done when you buy one especially if you are new to it all
thanks for your help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back