Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks, here goes, if there's a tap for water and a drain underneath is it ok to empty grey waste down,wasn't sure so didn't

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Need to make you own judgment, sometimes there is just a small soakaway under the grate other times it runs into the main sewer, if in doubt don't you might end up standing in a large embarrassing dirty puddle.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
not normally, sometimes it might be the only option, but better to put down toilet point if in doubt

the grid you refer to is really only to catch drips from tap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kevingrc

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ha Ha. Yes we saw someone do that Paul, but seriously do you carry a waste water carrier, my MH is getting a bit full

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I can get a bucket under my waste tap Kevin, just drop a couple of gallons out and take to black water waste or toilet. Most sites have a drive over waste drain, usually a concrete pad with a drain in the middle, poss water fill point there too.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If your on a site in the height of summer sometimes they like you to put the grey water under the hedgerow to put a bit of moisture into the ground.

Upvote 0

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Just open the tap slightly before bed time and by the morning you'll have a nice empty tank !
If done right the water will soak in before it can form a puddle, under cover of darkness no one will no . :wink:

Vlad

Just be aware of the foam mountain. Sometimes the bubbles form a little pyramid under the outlet if it runs too slowly

So I have been told :)

Upvote 0

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just be aware of the foam mountain. Sometimes the bubbles form a little pyramid under the outlet if it runs too slowly

So I have been told :)

Being quite childlike I still like to melt the foamy bubbles in my bath with a bar of soap ,which got me thinking how could I apply this to the foamy pyramid ?
Well in short you can't with soap ,however fear not after a bit or research I found out that a little salt and vinegar solution does the job ! ::bigsmile:

Vlad

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
More of a watery dribble nowadays Toots !

Vlad
Try this.......Tie a bit of string from the bath overflow thing, to the appendage in question. Lie back in the bath, bracing your feet under the taps. Then pour a full box of Robin Starch into the water............(y)(y)

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Just open the tap slightly before bed time and by the morning you'll have a nice empty tank !
If done right the water will soak in before it can form a puddle, under cover of darkness no one will no . :wink:

Vlad
I'm surprised that this suggestion is being 'liked' when a new-comer is asking a serious question. This is what gives MH ers a bad name. There is nothing worse than being directed onto a pitch that has a greasy, soggy area attracting flies. I have experienced this a few times when I was using the caravan and is a very selfish attitude.

We always carry a waste container in case there isn't a MH service drain. It is kept under the MH when not in use.

Upvote 0

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
I can get a bucket under my waste tap Kevin, just drop a couple of gallons out and take to black water waste or toilet. Most sites have a drive over waste drain, usually a concrete pad with a drain in the middle, poss water fill point there too.

This is what I do unless the site owner asks me to put round the hedge.

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Just do what @Tootles and @Bertie Bassett do, when you set off just open the drain valve and let it p**s all over the place as you drive along :eek: :LOL::LOL:

Lights blue touch paper and steps well back :whistle:

Opened it too early:cry: leaving the Exeter CC site Knee......slopping everywhere it was in the wind. But how we laughed to see the little person from the Guard Post at the Gate waving it's clip board frantically as we drove of at speed to Julie Andrews and the Sound of Music played at 90 decibels.(y)

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
If done right the water will soak in before it can form a puddle, under cover of darkness no one will no . :wink: Vlad

Just be careful if you're on hard standing, although the waste will disappear overnight the neighbours can hear you scrunching about on the gravel and will know what you're up to. I know, cos my mate told me. (y)

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I have the same system as Bertie B. Just empty each day as necessary when not on a site with a drive over MH service point.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The auzzies use all their house grey on their gardens, as fresh water is valuable. They are much more concientious than us, so I done see a problem with recycling it back to the ground, but round the edges .
Better than the french with their black waste. They seem just to spread it on the ground, away from their vans though. lol

Upvote 0

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
The auzzies use all their house grey on their gardens, as fresh water is valuable. They are much more concientious than us, so I done see a problem with recycling it back to the ground, but round the edges .
Better than the french with their black waste. They seem just to spread it on the ground, away from their vans though. lol
Nothing wrong with that!! Just kick it about till you lose it!! :restmycase::france:

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

& that is what many houses do here.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Get a bucket, put a hole in the bottom of the bottom of it. Never needs emptying.
Haha pmsl, when we were tuggers we had a black waste container laid on its side with the pipe going into the top/side, just crack the big bung so it 'leaks' and your fine for a fortnight lol.(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back