UK Border Control - 1st June 15 (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi All,

Just heard another campsite rumour that from 1 June, British Border Control will be checking to see whether you have been out of the UK for more than 90 consecutive days.

If you have, the suggestion is that there will be draconian consequences re benefits like access to the NHS.

Can anyone confirm...True or False.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
As far as I understand if you are out of this country for more than 90 days your doctors practice. Has the right to drop you from his list. I have not heard of anyone being affected by this ruling, indeed my doctor issues my prescriptions for three e months in advance in the full knowledge that I will be out of the country for that period of time.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what would they do stamp your passport? not strictly needed in Europe how would they check. Could put a stop to those wintering abroad and increase the load on the NHS as a result

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Don't know how old it is but it is nonsense as oap's registered as resident in other EU states have health entitlement in that country. Additionally their EHIC card is supplied now by the UK. This is a better arrangement than before where the Spanish supplied it, then if it was used in another EU state the bill was then sent to Spain, who sent it to the UK. & the cost just increased.
Anyway, that entitles them to healthcare in all other EU states INCLUDING the UK on production of said EHIC.
None of the above would apply to UK oap's using a normal UK supplied EHIC & they could have a problem if out over 90 days.

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
If it's Daily Mail article it's only their opinion or interpretation of some hearsay gossip and have probably got hold of the wrong end of the stick. (or hacked a phone)
Never believe anything the press says, they just sensationalise, in order to sell newspapers. Can you imagine the uproar there would be, if they tried to introduce such a measure , especially when they are letting in all and sundry, who get everything given to them on a plate on arrival, including free health care.

maxine and jo

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1980
The 180 day rule ; if you live, work or draw a pension you are obliged to register as a resident of that country
this however has no bearing on your tax status . For anyone who is claiming dhs benefits the 28 day rule applies
that you must not be out of the uk for more than 28 consecutive day or you will lose your benefits ,as for medical
treatment here in spain if you register and sign on the local padron a SIP card is given to you and all of your treatment is free, so there would be no need to return to uk , the changes which are to be applied are to stop benefit cheats:LOL:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can you imagine the uproar there would be, if they tried to introduce such a measure , especially when they are letting in all and sundry, who get everything given to them on a plate on arrival, including free health care.

They don't need to introduce it as it as existed since I was young & long before the EU . The requirement is that you tell them .Just like you are meant to tell the if in hospital over a certain amount of time so they can reduce your pension or any benefits ,etc.
Last year the Spanish introduced;
" any Spanish national who leaves the country for 30 consecutive days loses the right to healthcare & must re-establish their right on return " This would also apply to any registered resident foreign national.( It would also apply to any pensioner holidaying for over that period ! :LOL:)
As "maxine and jo said with the UK 180 day rule you were always legally required to notify them that you were out over that period of time. They are just reducing it to what most other countries already use.

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Perhaps they are trying to ban British born people from re entering the uk if they have been abroad for 91 days or more to make more room for illegals. Ok I will get my coat now

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Perhaps they are trying to ban British born people from re entering the uk if they have been abroad for 91 days or more to make more room for illegals. Ok I will get my coat now
I'll get my coat as well, perhaps the British isles will eventually sink, that should solve the migration problem.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
BE AWARE. If you are out of the UK for more that 28 days. AND receive Benefit. YOU MUST inform the DHSS. This applies to almost any benefit except the pension.

NOW The RANT!!. WHY is the Pension I paid into for 50+ years a Benefit??????. I`v Bought the bugger umpteen times over with the tax I paid s ITS! NOT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
what would they do stamp your passport? not strictly needed in Europe how would they check. Could put a stop to those wintering abroad and increase the load on the NHS as a result
They can now check very easily as we have all had to give API and they can simply scan all passports as we go through customs on the way out.
Maybe that's what it is all about. We have all said why check those going out. Could this be why.

maxine and jo

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1980
BE AWARE. If you are out of the UK for more that 28 days. AND receive Benefit. YOU MUST inform the DHSS. This applies to almost any benefit except the pension.

NOW The RANT!!. WHY is the Pension I paid into for 50+ years a Benefit??????. I`v Bought the bugger umpteen times over with the tax I paid s ITS! NOT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete
Hi pete pension are as you say not a benefit and you would not need to inform the dhss but if you receive any top ups these are benefits:cool:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Does it also mean that if your are out the country for more than 180 days you don't have to income tax......"could be a can of worms.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
So if they check my passport in/out how does that miserable ratbag in the doctors surgery know where i,ve been when i want an appointment. Also how does the border control know which doctors surgery i attend. Some of the scaremongering on here beggers belief

maxine and jo

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1980
So if they check my passport in/out how does that miserable ratbag in the doctors surgery know where i,ve been when i want an appointment. Also how does the border control know which doctors surgery i attend. Some of the scaremongering on here beggers belief
Hi when you buy a crossing ticket you give your passport no .so software that was developed to catch terrorist has been found useful to keep tabs on those people who take hand outs and p..s it up the wall in spain !!:eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back