Yet another meet plagued by generators!!!! (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Why indeed! Perhaps getting the coffee machines working?

Joking aside that isn't very fair, I have always espoused responsible use of the generator, and that isn't it. I would always wait until everyone is awake, and only then run it if I need to recharge the batteries.

We are attending the Southern show in Newbury, and since we are only there for 2 nights, I can't really see the point in lugging ours along!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Why oh why is it necessary to fire up your generator at 8am thus spoiling a good start to the day for the majority of others :madder:
And then, on till late at night spoiling the evenings as well!!

frankly.. there is no 'good time' to run a genny..

the only good genny is a broken one. :imoutahere:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
have a word with them, confrontation isn't for everyone, but it doesn't need to be aggressive, it is possible they genuinely did not realise they caused any upset

I am in your camp though by the way, really annoying at almost any time of day, but middle of day maybe if needed for medical equipment (actually anytime of course if medical emergency) but scooter recharge is no emergency

we had one at Lincoln last year, actually had the generator closer to our MH than his, we had words, he apologised, moved it and didn't actually use it again

the noise is bad enough, once I can smell the fumes it has got to go, or at least stop, or we have to go

great shame how some peoples minds work, I have to tell myself they do not realise how annoying they are to others

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Do be aware some people may need to run a generator for medical equipment

yes, I am aware.. and I certainly wouldn't want to cause them more hassle .. but if they have that requirement perhaps they should ask to be sited away from others and or also explain their need to their immediate neighbours.. I'm sure no one would moan if that were the case.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Funsters segregation area nice one I think I'll cancel my membership I thought joining funsters was because it was more liberal than other clubs certainly doesn't sound like it live & let live within reason or are the solar brigade going to dictate terms of membership

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Funsters segregation area nice one I think I'll cancel my membership I thought joining funsters was because it was more liberal than other clubs certainly doesn't sound like it live & let live within reason or are the solar brigade going to dictate terms of membership

Live and let live is the way I like to go through life too but sadly there are some, like inconsiderate gennie users, who refuse to acknowledge that the noise and fumes they generate invade other people's lives and space.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We have a little dog that barks from time to time will there be a special area for him as well
Dogs rarely bark continuously, in fact I am not entirely convinced our lab knows how to bark! A generator does cause annoyance, especially if used inconsiderately. Don't get me wrong, I have no truck with these people who object to one owning a generator, since I actually do own one.

I thought it's a good idea, because you know if you are in a generator area, it's a fairly safe bet that someone will be using a generator.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back