A new recruit from the Peterborough Show (2 Viewers)

capricorn155

Free Member
Apr 17, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
on and off since 1990
Hi everyone, just got back home from the show where we saw your stand and picked up one of the referral cards. Also spoke to a few very friendly people on the stand, so we're looking forward to having a browse through the site.

We bought an Autotrail Dakota in Feb this year and went on our maiden adventure in March. Off soon to the New Forest and really looking forward to starting our adventures properly as we are both recently retired - bliss!

Sue and Barry

OP
OP
capricorn155

capricorn155

Free Member
Apr 17, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
on and off since 1990
Hi everyone - still finding my way around this site :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, the best forum on the net for all and any motorhome questions and you never know you just might get some sensible answers. :)

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley: We have just got back from three nights in the New Forest, after the weekend we are off to Scotland. :smiley: Have a great time on your travels.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Sue & Barry from here in the New Forest looking forward to welcoming you both, the sun is out just like your wallet should be with the tenner to continue enjoying such fun. Griff:welc:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi and Welcome
animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to Fun, you made the right choice, it's the best motorhome forum on the web, full of help, advice and banter although it can get heated during an election campaign. :LOL:

OP
OP
capricorn155

capricorn155

Free Member
Apr 17, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
on and off since 1990
Popeye, lucky you to live in such a beautiful area - so come on please divulge some secret beauty spots that we can explore whilst down your way lol.

OP
OP
capricorn155

capricorn155

Free Member
Apr 17, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
on and off since 1990
Pops, we are stopping the first night at Todenham, just outside Morton in the Marsh, Glos. as my sister lives there - beautiful part of the country.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Sue and Barry Welcome to Fun, you have found the best forum for information on the web , we are slowly making our way to the new forest middle of May, :welc:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:Hi Sue & Barry
Got to be the best tenner ever spent:beerchug::clap2:
See you on one of the 'meets':party2::clap2:
:clap2::clap2::wine::wine::clap2::clap2:

Chris & Viv

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Pops, we are stopping the first night at Todenham, just outside Morton in the Marsh, Glos. as my sister lives there - beautiful part of the country.

Now Moreton in the Marsh is really beautiful in fact all of the villages on the Fosse way are lovely.

Popeye, lucky you to live in such a beautiful area - so come on please divulge some secret beauty spots that we can explore whilst down your way lol.

Well here is Google earth and the Forest. Burley is a must see, tea rooms and antique shops, very nice.

I live in the North between Godshill and Bramshaw Wood and there is a view there looking over the Avon to die for, Ive spent many hours there man and boy.

Canada Common worth a trip but you are spoilt for choice from Beaulieu and Southampton water up to Cadnam and across to Ringwood, you will enjoy it all if you like country and wildlife.

New Forest.jpg

OP
OP
capricorn155

capricorn155

Free Member
Apr 17, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
on and off since 1990
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and a big thanks to @Popeye for the map of places of interest - we've been to the NF a couple of times and love it but there are still places we haven't explored. Hoping for good weather :)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Welcome from us not quite Geordie's up north some great places up here to visit

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Are you sure your sister actually lives near Moreton in Marsh ? - cos it's never had a 'The' !!

Welcome to Fun.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to the Fun, Sue and Barry but please be warned...

Just because you met lots of nice, happy, friendly, positive Funsters having a great time together at Peterborough doesn't mean we are all like that.

Some of us are miserable, moaning, old gits who always see the worst in people or places and don't like foreigners... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JJ :cool:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome Sue and Barry - hope to meet you both soon. Happy travels - Debs is right - it is addictive - as is this site!

Hi & welcome:)

We love the New Forest too, our favourite place and not jealous of @Popeye at all :D

Enjoy your mh - it's addictive(y)

Thought you said Bristol was your favourite place........:crying: Careful or you all be walking / crawling over the bridge on your own..... ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Welcome Sue and Barry - hope to meet you both soon. Happy travels - Debs is right - it is addictive - as is this site!

Thought you said Bristol was your favourite place........:crying: Careful or you all be walking / crawling over the bridge on your own..... ;)
:ROFLMAO:.....can't I have two favs? I'd be hard pushed to choose between them:love:
......you're not going to make me do the crawl on shame on my lonesome are you?:eek:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
:ROFLMAO:.....can't I have two favs? I'd be hard pushed to choose between them:love:
......you're not going to make me do the crawl on shame on my lonesome are you?:eek:
Of course you can have many favs, and we will walk the bridge together. We have just eaten our way through Galicia which I can happily say is now my Favourite place ever! One night - four tapas bars - beer and beautiful white wine - MOUNTAINS of tapas - €16 euros total! Oh, and free Aires, all the way! (y)

@capricorn155 Sorry for hijacking your thread Sue and Barry, but at least you now know where your first Spanish trip should be!! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back