LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Nowhere near the worthy and best modification poster Hero known as @Techno100 "praise be upon him", but a little mod I've made for our Hymer..

The problem was discovered whilst sleeping in the overcab bed, no where to store ipad, phone, specs etc once up in bed, so I've made this pocket...

image.jpg

It velcros over the handle and is big enough to hold everything we need.
Fabric is washable cotton, edged in trim to match the homemade curtains.

Feel free to ask me any technical questions related to this modification.

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
If I sew up the legs of some underpants would that work; and would I need to ad Velcro loops to stop my pants falling down?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Worry not fellow Funsters, I've taken your ideals on board and feel progress can be made with this design.

Upon further consideration it can be made android compatible, in fact Ive just slipped a Samsung note into mine. Size can be adjusted to suit your requirements.

It will also cope with a paperback or 2 but not sure if the Velcro will support the weight of numerous hardbacked books.

Re the use of "pants".. My concern would be the stretchy nature of the fabric....too much weight and you'd need really long arms to reach into the bottom of the pants. Unless some sort of "stiffener" could be added to the pants I'd stick to normal upholstery or curtaining fabric.

As to wash ability, good point @JJ, PVC fabric would negate the need for washing, in fact have you considered plastic sheeting for your bed? I sense you may be adverse to housework, this product simply requires a quick swipe with a wet wipe once a year. Thus giving you more leisure time. (y)

Tea...easy, this pocket holds a flask, however, I've yet to design the husband who climbs out of bed to make it.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Tea...easy, this pocket holds a flask, however, I've yet to design the husband who climbs out of bed to make it.
If it holds a flask, then surely the answer is to make the tea before getting into bed?

Re-designing husbands is doomed to failure. Almost all attempts fail in their initial objective. If you should be successful, you would then find yourself fighting off those whom you have previously counted as friends in their attempts to nab him for themselves.

Your current design suggests that you sleep on the outside, requiring your re-designed husband to climb over you to make the tea. Assuming your re-design was all-encompassing, he would be unavoidably delayed midway through this manoeuvre for at least an hour, by which time all thought of tea would have long since evaporated.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This is my solution for night time storage, somewhere for morning tea and gives wife somewhere to store her Kindle to read a night when someone keeps her awake snoring- not me gov.
The white clips are curtain retainer which most caravan shops stock.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
If I sew up the legs of some underpants would that work; and would I need to ad Velcro loops to stop my pants falling down?

Why sew up the legs of a pair of trousers, just hang them there and when you get out of bed gracefully slip into them presto you are already half dressed..quality.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Why sew up the legs of a pair of trousers, just hang them there and when you get out of bed gracefully slip into them presto you are already half dressed..quality.

Is your name Wallace or grommet?

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
This is my solution for night time storage, somewhere for morning tea and gives wife somewhere to store her Kindle to read a night when someone keeps her awake snoring- not me gov.
The white clips are curtain retainer which most caravan shops stock.

Do you think think the brackets you have used to hold it on the side of the bed would take the weight of a portaloo?
Could save all those night time visits to the bathroom.

89e1431c-49ef-439f-b0a9-54890771ca47_290_Category.jpg

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Do you think think the brackets you have used to hold it on the side of the bed would take the weight of a portaloo?
Could save all those night time visits to the bathroom.

View attachment 59495

But you would also need some of those white grab handles to support yourself just in case you fell off:LOL:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Nowhere near the worthy and best modification poster Hero known as @Techno100 "praise be upon him", but a little mod I've made for our Hymer..

The problem was discovered whilst sleeping in the overcab bed, no where to store ipad, phone, specs etc once up in bed, so I've made this pocket...

View attachment 59420

It velcros over the handle and is big enough to hold everything we need.
Fabric is washable cotton, edged in trim to match the homemade curtains.

Feel free to ask me any technical questions related to this modification.

Dawn, it seems your admin team is letting you down - I've searched your post many times and can't find the order form anywhere!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Not sure I understand this statement. 2 minutes is enough surely.
You have to remember, this is the Mousey redesigned model, not the original standard husband model. After all, if you are going to design in tea making, you are hardly going to leave the rest of the design standard, are you?

margrae

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Newcastleton, Scottish borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8yrs
I thought the box would make a handy vomit bucket.....could also have a lid and make a useful
little bedside table too.
I don't understand the 2 minute thing either ??

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I thought the box would make a handy vomit bucket.....could also have a lid and make a useful
little bedside table too.
I don't understand the 2 minute thing either ??

I don't understand this 2 minute thing either
I asked Elaine to try explain she comments
Dont bother fat lad it's 30 seconds for you on a good day and it's not today
I am still no wiser

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread