Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've been struggling with a couple of naff batteries in our new RV, but not any more. Just had 4 new Banner AGM batteries fitted by DMS. Changed all my connectors and made me some new leads up. Excellent job and a good Funster Discount to. If you need need new batteries and are at Peterborough go and see Al and the DMS stand, they are in the Cattle Sheds on stand 275. Recommended (y)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
we bought 2 new banner battieres last year when we changed to our Rapido, best batteries, never let us down

Reactions: DMS
Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
got 3 Banner 110 amp batteries fitted to our motorhome by supplying dealers (Cleveland Motorhomes) good job at a very reasonable cost too !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had two Banner 110ah batteries supplied and fitted by DMS at last years Newbury Show.
Great price plus Funster discount, if you need new batteries you can't go wrong with DMS.
Brisey.

Reactions: DMS

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've been struggling with a couple of naff batteries in our new RV, but not any more. Just had 4 new Banner AGM batteries fitted by DMS. Changed all my connectors and made me some new leads up. Excellent job and a good Funster Discount to. If you need need new batteries and are at Peterborough go and see Al and the DMS stand, they are in the Cattle Sheds on stand 275. Recommended (y)
Can your charger charger charge AGM correctly? Although Hymer fit them as standard now like most converters they don't fit a charger that is capable of charging them properly.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Can your charger charger charge AGM correctly? Although Hymer fit them as standard now like most converters they don't fit a charger that is capable of charging them properly.

I was under the impression that AGM were charged exactly the same as flooded wet cells as long as they are not charged at over 14.8V which I believe can shorten their life.

Don't own a Hymer anymore.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Banner recommend charging theirs on the Gel setting, AGM need to get to 14.7-14.8 v for a full charge most Motorhome chargers only go to 14.3v.
For example Elektroblocks on the gel setting charge to 14.3v and hold at 14.3 v for 8hours before dropping to 13.8v this way they almost reach full charge on the wet cell setting it only holds at 14.3 for one hour so AGM's don't get a full charge on this setting.
Apparently Schaudt have a AGM charger coming out soon.

I only mention Hymer to show that even large manufacturer like them do not do it correctly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back