Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Today I heard that awful screech when the brake pads or shoes are worn through. We are in Bayonne france, parked outside Euromaster hoping they can sort us out in the morning. base vehicle is Fiat Ducats 2.3 jtd.

Any tips on who else might do the job if Euromaster give us the "ccome back a week on Monday" treatment will be very much appreciated.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
You should be ok. If all else fails, look round for a Citroen dealer ship. They are all the same group using the base vehicle.
At the worst, stick two baguettes in the caliper (sorry) :p

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Exactly what happened to me shortly after having vehicle serviced!found gravel gone into caliper somehow!think if I remember rightly reversed and jammed brake on.I got worked up thinking it hadn't been serviced properly!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You should be ok. If all else fails, look round for a Citroen dealer ship. They are all the same group using the base vehicle.
At the worst, stick two baguettes in the caliper (sorry) :p
Same group. ...Yes
Same parts......almost.

While the parts will be the same the part numbers definitely won't be.

Everything is based on vehicle details which obviously are not interchangeable.
A fiat dealer only has access to fiat part numbers as a Citroen dealer only has access to Citroen numbers

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I'd be surprised if you could come back a week on MONDAY. Lots of shops are shut on Mondays.
I hope you'll get sorted ok as I fly tomorrow early morning to Scotland and so won't be available to help out in France!
Still I will read the forum in the evening, so if any question on how to say things in French don't forget to put before the question @yodeli so I can find and read your question easily.
Good luck

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back