Washing Clothes (1 Viewer)

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
Has anyone used the Wonder Wash machine ?

Link Removed

One of the biggest problems we have when away for the winter is clothes washing. Well not so much the washing but the 'nearly drying' bit before you hang them up.

I've ruined many of the wife's blouses and jumpers and other stuff by 'ringing' them almost dry by hand. Her clothes also seem to stretch after I've hung them on the line.

I could use the camp site machine if I'm willing to wait my turn but that's another story. Mind you I enjoy leaning over a sink with a bucket and listening to the washroom gossip.

Anyone any tips on clothes drying. Is the Wonder Wash the answer ?

Thanks

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We, sorry Sian, has used this all summer, we even used it at home when our regular machine was broken. It washes well and spins clothes almost dry. Cost us £70 at Lincoln show, but with our tribe we saved that in launderette fees this summer alone.

Link Removed

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We, sorry Sian, has used this all summer, we even used it at home when our regular machine was broken. It washes well and spins clothes almost dry. Cost us £70 at Lincoln show, but with our tribe we saved that in launderette fees this summer alone.

Link Removed

We have the same machine, we've had it for 2 years and use it all the time on our travels and would'nt be without it, fantastic bit of kit. Just used it on our 2 month trip across europe and Morocco priceless. If it packed in we'd buy another immediately.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
We have the same machine, we've had it for 2 years and use it all the time on our travels and would'nt be without it, fantastic bit of kit. Just used it on our 2 month trip across europe and Morocco priceless. If it packed in we'd buy another immediately.

We've got the same bit of kit too - absolutely brilliant. Bought it at Americana for £60.00.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Given your history with water(Turn that tap orf Jan) i'd have thought you'd be looking out for a dry cleaner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
I've got the twin tub too, got it from Towsure. My first (and second) went wrong but Towsure did collect the dead ones from wherever I was at the time and deliver a new one the day after. Couldn't fault them (but they only do this for mail order customers, if you buy from the store and it goes wrong you have to take it back to the store and there are only 3). Touch wood, model 3 is working fine and I wouldn't be without it. Fits nicely into the shower which is where i use it.

Jan

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi washing machine looks great, how much water does it take, can you only use it on ehu or can you use it on an inverter, (not a large one). Also does it hold a pair of large jeans.

Many thanks in anticipation of answers
Pat

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
just over two weeks in france this summer and we spent around £25 washing clothes . will look out for one of these at the nec show next weekend. :Smile: :thumb:

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Weve got one too , saved a fortune this summer ,i have a dryer too that looks like something from out of space ,but saves money
Betty

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
i've googled wonder wash and only found outdoor megastore and world of camping. both companies are out of stock. does anyone know anywhere else that sells the wonder wash?

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting

Link Removed
sorry Jim - what is this 'machine' called? I want one!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Wonder wash demo

Now for the magic of a moving picture show:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUVR2vjRJRo&feature=related]YouTube - WonderWash Demo[/ame]

Not sure if I have done that right but all the info is there.:Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Well the link works

Not how I expected it to work. Click on it twice. Hope I have not broken anything!:Blush: Jane

Last edited:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Hi - I managed to source a small spin dryer which fits in the cupboard under the sink. I really couldn't be without this little machine ! Link Removed

I also have the single tub version of the twin tub from Towsure. Link Removed Julia :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
why not just put a plug in the shower tray or sink and wash the clothes in there, or how about a 2 gallon bucket and a sink plunger. Drip dry in the shower. Why is a machine necessary, am I missing something:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
why not just put a plug in the shower tray or sink and wash the clothes in there, or how about a 2 gallon bucket and a sink plunger. Drip dry in the shower. Why is a machine necessary, am I missing something:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

No you are not missing something :Cool: you know us girlies :RollEyes:

julia

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Just out of interest what does the Towsure twin tub run on ? is it 240v ac or 12v dc and like someone asked above if 120v can an inverter run it ? My guess would be that you'd need a pretty big inverter to run it.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Just out of interest what does the Towsure twin tub run on ? is it 240v ac or 12v dc and like someone asked above if 120v can an inverter run it ? My guess would be that you'd need a pretty big inverter to run it.

Hi,

240v and they should be back in stock april, no one seems to have any.

Peter

Brits-Rv

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
Hi

Been in Spain for the last six months, used twin tub every other day, you can use it with a 300 watt inverter, both using washer and spin dryer together. Its only 160 watts.
You can wash jeans in it comfortably. You can wash pair of sheets and pillow cases together in at once, no problem. Brilliant machine.

Phyl.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Peter

Sorry I didn't know you sold them or I would have bought one from you.

Nevermind I will buy my next one from you.

Lesley

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Peter
Sorry I didn't know you sold them or I would have bought one from you.
Nevermind I will buy my next one from you.
Lesley

Dear Lesley we stock virtually everything, our second name is ARKWRIGHT and we have the till to go with it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All you have to do is click on the ad and do a search:shout:

Peter

PS Lindy does everything we don't for RV's

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Whatever else I am looking for the first place will be John Cross. Problem with me Peter is I need instant gratification, hee hee

Cheers

Thanks

Lesley

Galway

Free Member
Nov 6, 2007
Galway Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
10 years
Peter.
When are you getting then in?

How much to send them to Ireland?

Give me a price.

Thank you.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Friend of mine is wild camping in her wood and has no electric can she use this washing machine using a genny ? Many thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back