Truma C6 Combi with CP-Plus problems (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am hoping some of our trade members with access to Truma's technical department will be able to help.

When using the CP-Plus in the timer mode it fails about 30-40% of the time & you wake up to a cold van & no hot water.
When it fails the error is either E255H (no 12v to boiler) or E225H ( control lead fault) and occasionally E89H, when it fails there are no fault indications on the boiler LED's.
Contacted Truma and they said you have a 12v wiring fault take it to one of our agents, I had Premier Motorhomes look at it they said nothing wrong with wiring or connections, this I already knew as I had checked everything myself.

It appears to be a fairly common problem, my mates C6 in his Carthago is the same, search the web you will bring up the same problem on some caravan forums, search German Google you will find the same problem.

As Truma don't seem to want to talk to end users about can any of our trade members shed some light and hopefully tell me Truma are working on a software/firmware update for the CP-Plus.

And now to my second fault:

When the hot water is set to 40deg it fails to maintain the temperature, so if one of us has a shower it's too cold for the next one, or if you leave it on all day after 2-3 hours the water will just be luke warm then a further hour it will be hot again, it appears to have a far too higher hysteresis in the control circuit or sensor, it works fine set to 60deg.
When the van was at Premier they looked at this as well and the service guy said it's all working fine you shouldn't use it at 40, these new boilers are designed to only loose 1 deg per hour (how come mine looses about 10deg then!) this why they won't work at 40 (BS), when leaving the service manager said I hear you have been running your water at 40, nobody does that you have to run it at 60.

Now the C6002 in my last van I always ran at 40 without any problems, running at 60 is a pain in the bum, not only will I use more gas but more importantly it's a right pain to set the shower to the right temperature and wastes more water setting it.

Please tell me there is a fix for this.

Obviously Premier are only going by Truma's guidelines and they are a very helpful dealer, my gripe is with Truma why don't they come clean and admit they have problems with the C6 & CP-Plus most unlike a German company.

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
hi,
Can only answer your first problem which we had .I rang truma tel no. 01283586050 and they told me to send the cp panel to them in Derby for an upgrade, we chose to go there with the van so this could be done while we waited took them about 5 minutes. something to do with the distance the signal has to travel from the panel to the boiler hope this helps

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
hi,
Can only answer your first problem which we had .I rang truma tel no. 01283586050 and they told me to send the cp panel to them in Derby for an upgrade, we chose to go there with the van so this could be done while we waited took them about 5 minutes. something to do with the distance the signal has to travel from the panel to the boiler hope this helps

Thanks, that sounds helpful was this fairly recent?
Appears to depend who answers the phone to what response you get, I always get the wrong one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
not really, about 5 months ago and very helpful and after 2 months winter touring no problems since

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It was the beginning of this year I phoned them, like I said appears to depend on who answers the phone.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
When using the CP-Plus in the timer mode it fails about 30-40% of the time
I had that fault with mine (smaller boiler but same control unit), it went back for reprogramming and appears to be OK since.

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
You can check what version you have by scrolling to the spanner symbol
Press the knob to get index
Press again then you get C1.04.01
Turn the knob and then you get H 5.00.00 on the screen
After refitting ours the truma guy check checked the above to confirm we had the latest version.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks, just checked mine H5.00.00.
It's the same as yours and appears to have got worse now fails 50% of the time.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Mine shows C1.04.01 on the first menu and H5.02.00 on the second.

When mine failed on the timer I was still able to turn it on by operating the controller manually.

I am at the Peterborough show, if you are coming pop over & we can chat.

Mike

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks Mike just what I wanted to know I will give Truma a ring and see if I get get it upgraded. Mine only fails on the timer setting works OK otherwise , we use the timer a lot (when it works) so we don't have to wait about in the morning for a shower.

Won't be at the show we don't bother with UK shows.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I rang Truma on Monday posted it to them on Tuesday and received it back on Saturday. So far I've set the timer 8 times worked every time, well pleased.
The C1.04.01 & H5.00.00 don't appear to be relevant to the software mine still shows the same after the upgrade.

Just need someone to come up with a solution to the problem of the hot water when set to 40 deg, help please anyone?

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Good to hear they have fixed the timer problem. I normally set my hot water to 40c but only have it set for an hour in the morning so the water is hot enough for a shower when I fall out of bed. That has been fine on gas but it does take a long while to warm up on the odd occasion I have had an EHU and have switched to elec. But that is only for 1 shower and I do not use it during the day so not much help.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Ours is gas only, problem is because the boiler does not cut back in the boss gets a cold shower & I get it in the ear.:)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Finaly got around to contacting Truma about the hot water setting, apparently when set to 40 deg the thermostat does not turn back on until the water temperature drops to 27 deg basically when the water is luke warm.
The words "not fit for purpose" comes mind, anyway I've back to them pointing this out ans asking if there is a fix, not expecting to get much of a response.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We only use our hot water at 60 degrees. There is a page in the manual that recommends this. Heating the water to 60 once a day will kill pathogens and bugs in the boiler so you don't shower in them. ( apparently, it heats the water to 70 and this is when the bugs are killed). Also, a tankful of hot water will keep hotter longer and enable longer for 2 in the shower.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Not worried about bugs everywhere we got in Europe uses chlorinated water, more concerned about water and gas usage when we are off grid, we find the 60 setting far to hot and a right pain to get the shower mixer to the right temp.

My main point is why have a 40 deg setting if it is unusable.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I
Finaly got around to contacting Truma about the hot water setting, apparently when set to 40 deg the thermostat does not turn back on until the water temperature drops to 27 deg basically when the water is luke warm.
The words "not fit for purpose" comes mind, anyway I've back to them pointing this out ans asking if there is a fix, not expecting to get much of a response.

I'll not bother moaning about ours then!! Noticed ours doesn't maintain 40 deg after first heat. This explains it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back