Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Going to France in June and taking the bikes. Do I have to fit any warning sign to the Rack and if so anybody know where I can purchase one, saw one once on a Van.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yep!!!!

you must have a warning board at the very rear of the rack.

square board with red and white diagonal strips.

on the spot fine if you dont have one.

most caravan shops sell them.

our own Peter at Johns cross motorhomes sell them HERE scroll to bottom of carry bike accessories.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
yep!!!!

you must have a warning board at the very rear of the rack.

square board with red and white diagonal strips.

on the spot fine if you dont have one.

most caravan shops sell them.

Hi John..

have the French changed the law recently ? ..

It wasn't compulsory last year .. only advisory

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
must be thinking of spain....but you gotta get there.....via france (usually), so that'll be where i got it from:thumb:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
hi
Make sure you buy your warning sign before you travel , we visited many shops and stores in france / portugal ,/ spain try ing to buy a sign. Found one in the end which was metal and cost over 50 euros
Wanderer

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I think it is good idea to use one whether it's compulsory or not, we use one all the time.

100_1528.jpg

Regards Pat

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Could be an export market here in UK with the euro as it is, the 'gold plated' metal one is £25, nearly half price!:thumb:

Peter

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Do need reflective vests, bulb set and warning triangle.
and first aid kit?

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
We also always carry our bikes in a similar way that Pat has his. On a rack complete with number plate, lights, indicators etc so my question is WHY do we need a square sign with a few red lines? If someone can't see the back of the RV and the rack with all the lights on maybe they shouldn't be on the road! :ROFLMAO:

Mick

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We also always carry our bikes in a similar way that Pat has his. On a rack complete with number plate, lights, indicators etc so my question is WHY do we need a square sign with a few red lines? If someone can't see the back of the RV and the rack with all the lights on maybe they shouldn't be on the road! :ROFLMAO:

Mick

Eurocrecy !!!! ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Mick
Because it no doubt comes under the prrotruding or overhanging rules somehere, our is not to reason why but to obey!:shout:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I thought I had asked this question here before but obviously it was all in the mind (yet another senior moment) - so here goes.

Is there a correct way to display this sign as it is possible to have the diagonals sloping down to the left or down to the right - or is it down to the nearside or down the offside?

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
I thought I had asked this question here before but obviously it was all in the mind (yet another senior moment) - so here goes.

Is there a correct way to display this sign as it is possible to have the diagonals sloping down to the left or down to the right - or is it down to the nearside or down the offside?

Yep, you did ask this once before but don,t think you got an answer, so it was not a senior moment, hope that puts your mind at rest. Hope you get an answer this time as I would also like to know although I reckon the answer will be it does not matter which way. Watch this space, but as I say you did not have a senior moment.
Dave:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There is a right and wrong way but I cannot remember where I saw it wriiten down, one would imagine that Fiamma in their wisdom would have mounted it the right way on their publicity. This is the 'gold plated one !

Peter

Link Removed
Cheap one and its got Fiamma name on it so mount it this way and you cant go wrong!!

Link Removed

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
Gotta bike rack but no bikes. I use the rack in the down position with a Fiamma back box mounted on it. I guess it will still need a sign even though not used for bikes. Will order one tomorrow anyway. The only question is which quality do I order. (Can I afford)
Dave

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Gotta bike rack but no bikes. I use the rack in the down position with a Fiamma back box mounted on it. I guess it will still need a sign even though not used for bikes. Will order one tomorrow anyway. The only question is which quality do I order. (Can I afford)
Dave

Get the cheap one for a back box.

Peter

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
There is a right and wrong way but I cannot remember where I saw it wriiten down, one would imagine that Fiamma in their wisdom would have mounted it the right way on their publicity. This is the 'gold plated one !

Peter

Thanks Peter but this does not answer my question fully.

They presumably do have it the correct way but correct for what? Is it correct for the continent, correct for the UK or is it the same for both or is it OK either way?

I don't suppose anyone really cares either way but there must be an answer somewhere. There will always be some officious policeman who likes to assert his authority and fine you when least expected.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi, Fiamma is an Italian compnay so I would assue that if you mounted the sign so Fiamma was the right way up it would be logical to assume it was correct.

Only other sign I can find on the web is this one Link Removedand the stripes run the same way diagonally.

Peter

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks for all the info - much appreciated.

I suppose the best way to find out is to email Fiamma.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Reply from Fiamma

"We thank you for your email and for your interest in our products.

There isn’t a correct manner to fit it, the only important thing is that you don’t cover the lights of the vehicle.

I remain at your complete disposal.

Regards

Giada Tomaselli

fiamma.com

service@fiamma.it"

R

rizlared

Deleted User
I am about to travel to Italy, have a bike rack and purchased a fiber board sign, but at a recent camping shop was informed that this sign was not allowed in Italy , that it has to be a metal one. They sell one at £30.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone confrm if this is true? or can I use the Fiamma one that I purchased, I cannotbelieve that an Italian made sing would not be allowed.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back