Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Vanessa
Welcome to Motorhome FUN, this site does exactly what it says on the tin :roflmto:
Hope that you enjoy your time here and please feel free to join in and tell us all a little about yourself ::bigsmile:

Keith

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Vanessa and welcome!!

So how long have you been in France? ::bigsmile:

Sharon

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Blimey, what a quick welcome!!

Well, I found this thread thanks to an email alerting me to its presence from JimJam.:Smile: I like what I've seen so far!

My husband, Chris, and I escaped from the stress of the rat race last September to live on our small farm in the heart of rural France, the Correze. In the UK, I was a lecturer in further education (for my sins!), and Chris was an engineer (tool-maker and turner), and is also a qualified motorcycle mechanic - worked for the Peugeot scooter importer in the UK as their technical trainer / trouble-shooter.

Here in France, we are slowly building up our farm (very small farm, with around 20 acres of land) whilst renovating the old house. We are already running a small-scale motor-home stop-over, and hope to add a small-scale B&B for next year. Eventually we also hope to have a gite equipped for parapleigics (with features such as lowered work surface in the kitchen, spacious rooms, and a wet-room rather than a "normal" bathroom). Animals free-range all year round, and fruit and veg are grown to organic standards (although we are too small-scale to make it viable to go for certification).

Chris and I complement each other pretty well. I love growing things, he loves cooking them. He loves doing the big building-plumbing jobs, I like the decorating / finishing off.

We do not own a motorhome, but my sister does, and has often stayed here in her motorhome with her partner and family. It was they who planted the seeds of the idea for a motor-home stop-over in our heads.

Finally, as many folk often wonder about ages ... we're in our 40s - I'll be 44 next week, and Chris will be 45 in December.

Any questions?!!:wub::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

V

vanessa

Deleted User
You snuck in there whilst I was typing my response, Sharon!!

We've been in France permanently since September last year, but owned the place for nearly 3 years now.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Welcome Vannessa, I'm glad my email found you::bigsmile:

I am sure that as our membership grows, you will find a few motorhomefun members using tour MH stoppover. Please feel free to put an advert or link to your place in your signature, then with regular posting our members will get to see it.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us, come back often::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Nice to see you here Venessa

Love your new way of life:winky:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, folks. Yes, WE love our new life, too!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: Have to pinch myself sometimes to believe it's real.

V

vanessa

Deleted User
winniebagotony, you'd be most welcome!

I wish I'd rushed out with a tape measure the day we had some building materials delivered ... the lorry seemed to be very big, and (although he reversed in) seemed to get in and out without any trouble at all - that way I could give a definitive answer to the RV and other larger-"machine" owners.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Vanessa

Looks like you are the fiftieth member

stew