LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
:rolleyes:(y)well there I was driving up the A1 and motorhome after motorhome was passing me or I was passing them as I headed north , I kept an eye out for the yellow sticker ,but there were none.

Then in a moment of clarity ,I realised that they were dealers van heading to the Peterborough show:D

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
It's one of life's great mysteries. I have been in Fun for 7 years and have only ever seen one yellow stickered van on the (Oxford Ring!) road in all that time! Perhaps people remove them when they are travelling - who knows???

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've seen quite a few now, but we are on the road a lot. We've given away over 3000 funster stickers, given the number of motorhomes out there that really is just a drop in the ocean. Anyway, we wouldn't want all of them ;)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've seen quite a few now, but we are on the road a lot. We've given away over 3000 funster stickers, given the number of motorhomes out there that really is just a drop in the ocean. Anyway, we wouldn't want all of them ;)

Still waiting for mine for my new windscreen actually its not that new anymore.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Until we embarked on this full time travelling thing, I had no idea there were so many motorhomes on the move. We get to some Aires and can be the only van there, on the next it can be rammed and we are lucky to get in.

I have also been surprised at how many Brits are on the move out here, not only in Morocco but in Portugal too. When talking to other Brits quite a lot of them have heard of or been on Motorhome Fun at sometime or other.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I think that you need bigger stickers Jim and flags ;) yes we must have flags:france:

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I think we need outside stickers also so we can stick on the back of the motorhome ,I have no window on the back of mine ,how often do you pass a motorhome on the motorway and not know whether yor passing a funster ,so same size sticker but the sticky bit on the back not the front.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I have seen a couple - one at Stenay Aire in France - had a nice chat with them, and also at Seaford last weekend saw a Hymer with Front, Side and a big one on the rear! (Thought it might be Jim's previous van?) We didnt speak as we were driving home,
We printed of the paper version and stuck it in our Tax Disc Holder. (We had to leave our windscreen sticker in our previous Van as I couldnt remove it)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Ninovan! - nice to know there's a local contingent on here.

Hey I'm Salisbury too, so is Sallytraffic and Mac (second childhood), we should have a Salisbury meet.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I've been a member for some years and never had or would have stickers. I'm a forum member not a member of the community. I'm sure I'm not the only one.:)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I've been a member for some years and never had or would have stickers. I'm a forum member not a member of the community. I'm sure I'm not the only one.:)

To say you are Unique is an understatement Buttons, yes you are the only one

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Ninovan said: Are any of the Salisbury contingent heading for Peterborough? I'm going up on Thursday.

I'm still fitting my new van out and didn't expect to have it until at least mid-May so I didn't book. Going to Newbury though amd Corfe and Bristol and Malvern and South Wales in Sept so I'll meet some of you.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Bumped into two Funsters on the dockside at Bilbao last night waiting to board the ferry to Portsmouth!
We have stickers in all our windows but even so they would be difficult to spot on a moving van.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I for one am proud to display my Fun sticker. We also have our name plate in the window when travelling. Was lovely when we stopped at a motorway services on the way to the Chester rally and another funster stopped alongside! Made friends before we even arrived! :)

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Great idea! Count us in.
Hey I'm Salisbury too, so is Sallytraffic and Mac (second childhood), we should have a Salisbury meet.
Sounds like a great idea! We'll have to get messaging & sort out a date & place. Definitely up for it. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back