Neuschwanstein Castle and Cologne - handy stellplatze or basic sites? (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Possible destinations for a forthcoming Eurotour are Neuschwanstein Castle and Cologne - does anyone have any recommendations for aires or no frills campsites? Ta.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed overnight at Stellplatz in Fussen and parked MH in Castle car park to visit both castles, and Stellplatz in Cologne, brilliantly situated right on riverside cycle path straight into centre of town with beer gardens along the way! Both in Bord Atlas book. (y)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We stayed at the Stellplatz a few miles short of Fussen at Camping Bandwaldsee on the lake. As you turn into the site turn right and there are 24 stellplatz pitches. On the left is the main camp site and where you pay. You can use all the camp facilities including the showers and the excellent restaurant for the price of the stellplatz! There is a bus stop outside the site to Fussen which goes via the castles. Also a cable car is close by and worth going to to the top where there is a lovely bar/cafe/restaurant and they do paragliding off the top of the mountain!

Can't help with a stellplatz at Cologne as we did not stay there but did visit. You must go to the Lindt chocolate museum which of course makes chocolate on site!

View media item 14374
View media item 11693

Last edited:
OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Many thanks folks. Fussen looks like the place to head for. Also grateful for the Cologne recommendation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
..and Stellplatz in Cologne, brilliantly situated right on riverside cycle path straight into centre of town with beer gardens along the way! Both in Bord Atlas book. (y)

Is that the privately-owned one with about 60 pitches? I've had a peek online and it looks promising. Thanks for the info.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think it could be - I'll look in my log book and let you know tomorrow (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back