Overnight stopover near Norwich? (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I have to be in central Norwich (Colegate) just after 9am on Tuesday morning. I have been allocated a parking space at my destination (although I think it might be tight, even for a PVC).

The A17 isn't a good road at any time, but it's horrible first thing in the morning, so I'd like to travel down Monday evening & find somewhere to park up from late evening. I don't really mind which side of Norwich it is, so long as the run (crawl) into the centre in the morning is no worst than from anywhere else.

I'd go to the C&CC site, but I don't really want to be there before 8pm, which I'd need to be if I go there.

So, any recommendations? If you don't want to give away your favourite stopover to the whole world, drop me a PM. I don't need anything special, just somewhere reasonably quiet & out of the way.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Naaarrrrrwwwiiccchhh is quiet and out of the way ,park up anywhere and if challenged by a carrot cruncher tell them you work for the government ! :rofl:

Vlad

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Find a campsite in the vicinity of the city, then use the P&R services, they are spread all around the perimeter and are good to use, the nearest one coming in on the A17/A47 from the N/W would be Costessey .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Find a campsite in the vicinity of the city, then use the P&R services
I could, but as I said in my original post, that means travelling down in time to be there by the time the campsite reception closes. I wanted to leave here around 8pm, not arrive in Norwich by then.

The Costessey bus route doesn't take me far enough. The Postwick/Sprowston route is a bit better - Anglia Square isn't all that far from where I want to be. I've stuff to carry & a dodgy ankle. I know it's a pain to drive into the city, but I have a parking space when I get there - it's a convenient & suitable parking space the night before that I need.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Just be aware that there is ongoing roadworks or something along the top end of Magdalen St, with diversions, gets pretty busy, don't know how long it is going to last, been going on awhile.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Find a campsite in the vicinity of the city, then use the P&R services, they are spread all around the perimeter and are good to use, the nearest one coming in on the A17/A47 from the N/W would be Costessey .
You didnt tell them to ask for "Cossey" PS or azeburgh, ( Happisburgh) or Wyndam ( Wymondham)
Phil

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Just be aware that there is ongoing roadworks or something along the top end of Magdalen St, with diversions, gets pretty busy, don't know how long it is going to last, been going on awhile.
Thanks, yes, I gather it's messing up the Park & Ride bus routes too.

So long as it's the top (north?) end, I should be ok. I will touch on it, about where Fye Bridge Street becomes Magdalen Street, but from there I head back west on Colegate.

I've yet to find out how early I can get into my allocated visitor parking space (it's gated), but with luck, I can arrive early & then have a leisurely breakfast! Either that or I will hit the town just after 9am, when hopefully most people will be at their desks.

Still looking for that overnight parking spot somewhere in the area.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
You didnt tell them to ask for "Cossey" PS or azeburgh, ( Happisburgh) or Wyndam ( Wymondham)
Phil
The only reason I know about Happisburgh is that my mate sings a song about the 'azebr light', more formally known as the Happisburgh Lighthouse. :)

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Problem solved courtesy of a very kind funster who sent me a PM with an offer of space on their drive.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Glad you got it sorted, was just going to offer you the same....but we're 45mins from Norwich.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Thanks Lisa, that's very kind. I would say 'next time', but I suspect that the 45 mins is in the wrong direction, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. 45 mins is still a lot less than the 3hrs it can take from here on a bad day. I presume you are somewhere well south of Norwich? I'm not too sure where the Norfolk/Suffolk border runs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back