Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
There is large space on the drive where the motor home used to reside, alas no more ! We have sold it !!!!!! Too much was starting to go wrong with it much to Dave Newell's delight ! Great bloke though !:whistle2:
With the proceeds we have bought a rather nice car and a small 2 berth caravan to lug around behind it !:blush:
So, farewell to you all and if you see a tugger flashing his lights at a wee yellow sticker......it will be me !:crying::crying::crying:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sorry to read this. :(.. you two.... but don`t be a stranger.. (y)

We will miss our "Fish Pie`s"... :crying1:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
bloody tugger :):whistle:
you 2 take care and stay in touch maybe see ya down at pedro's sometime mate

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
He only takes motorhomes , :crying:boo hoo !

If you have got a window in the back of your C-van... paint a grill and some headlight`s under it, and...

Reverse into Pedro`s....

He will think you are a MoHo..

.With a car on and "A" frame... :doh: :giggler:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Boohoo ... We had such a good time roaming about in it...Very nice souvenirs indeed! Thanks again for that!
Ah well .... No more parking in front of the house then ..... Garden will be your place from now on!
;):cool: Not the end of the world...Just a new venture and you and Jeannie will have great time I'm sure(y)

Affectueusement

Frankie:)

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Sorry to piggyback on someone else's thread but like Stephen and Jeannie, my wife and I have sold our beloved Warwick Duo and bought a car and caravan.
We have spent many years motor homing and always said that it is the best way to travel, the aires in France and the ability to drive at the same speed as the traffic flow etc. everything on board, perfect.
However, we no longer tour, we drive to a site and stay for a week or more. If we go to Spain, which we have done now for many years, we stay on a site for months at a time so the convenience of having our home from home and still having daily transport is what has drawn us.
I always believed that with motor homes either go small enough to get about town centres or big enough to give you room to move around. Our 6m high top van conversion was neither. Too big for height barriers etc. and too small to not get cabin fever over a long stay.
I do hope you lot will not "send me to Coventry" for becoming a tugger. I still love motorhomes and still enjoy one of the friendliest forums I have ever seen.

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
C
Boohoo ... We had such a good time roaming about in it...Very nice souvenirs indeed! Thanks again for that!
Ah well .... No more parking in front of the house then ..... Garden will be your place from now on!
;):cool: Not the end of the world...Just a new venture and you and Jeannie will have great time I'm sure(y)

Affectueusement

Frankie:)
Can we park on your yard still ????????

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I do hope you lot will not "send me to Coventry" for becoming a tugger. I still love motorhomes and still enjoy one of the friendliest forums I have ever seen.

Why should we............ at the end of the day we all enjoy each others company, and have the same things in common,,, but just different modes of transport...

You got to stay so you can do the daily "Quiz"... (y)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We are still waffling.....Motorhome or caravan? One month it's definitely a Motorhome. The next it's a caravan. The main difference is a Motorhome is more accessible on entry and exit if adapted for the wheelchair. Ie hoist as opposed to ramps. Otherwise, for us, a caravan and car makes more sense.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I will let you know my experiences after next week. It will seem strange. There are so many differences and you would not believe how many extras we have had to buy just to go away. Fresh and waste water containers, wheel locks and hitchlocks. Sure I will forget something.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
C

Can we park on your yard still ????????

Yard .... Garden ... what's the difference?! Of course you can ! BUT not in front of the house...It's a car park and you should be able to move instantly if necessary! Welcome tuggers!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No need for anyone to think they are unwelcome her just because they've got a motorhome with a separate engine. There were two caravans at Newark this year, by no means the first Fun rally we've seen them at.

I remember @laneside being in a caravan at Peterborough 3 years ago. Anyone remember what the weather was like there that year? :whistle::sneaky:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
No need for anyone to think they are unwelcome her just because they've got a motorhome with a separate engine. There were two caravans at Newark this year, by no means the first Fun rally we've seen them at.

I remember @laneside being in a caravan at Peterborough 3 years ago. Anyone remember what the weather was like there that year? :whistle::sneaky:

How could we forget that Peterborough show and better still we were one of the few that got off the field without being towed off. I distinctly remember shouting tuggers rule but hey we love our motorhome enough to not want to go back to tugging

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Heh, does this mean there's now a dedicated driver for trips to the shops?:Smile:
We recently moved the other way. Enjoy the caravan and don't be put out by some caravanners thinking motorhomers are aloof.:yawn2: They're not all the same!

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There is large space on the drive where the motor home used to reside, alas no more ! We have sold it !!!!!! Too much was starting to go wrong with it much to Dave Newell's delight ! Great bloke though !:whistle2:
With the proceeds we have bought a rather nice car and a small 2 berth caravan to lug around behind it !:blush:
So, farewell to you all and if you see a tugger flashing his lights at a wee yellow sticker......it will be me !:crying::crying::crying:

I hope you have as much fun in your caravan as you did in your motorhome Steve and Jeannie.

You did leave my card in it didn't you? :)

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back