Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Is this possible as I cant get BBC 2 on site connection and missing "daily politics" and "newsnight".. dont have a dish neither, tried that once and I was useless at it :(

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There are ways to get UK TV in Spain but you need a very good Internet connection and masses of data. It has been discussed here many times. Something called Filmon rings vague bells.

The BBC iplayer for radio might be a better bet. Much less need for data, especially if you just download podcasts. IIRC is works overseas un like the TV version.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
thanks.... have been listening to radio quite a bit. found a VPN service for $11 a month which would be enough but couldn't manage to pay for it due to not being able to translate. Plus I'm on an open campsite wifi network so probably not the best of ideas!:cautious:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Download TunnelBear. It transfers your IP address to the UK, used it in Beni all winter. Brilliant little app.
https://www.tunnelbear.com/

Yes I use this (I have the paid version) and it is very good here in Spain.

Try googleing kodi

I use Kodi as well, very, very good...but you are still talking bandwidth which for me at my house in Spain is not a problem, but on a site internet....ummmmmmm!!

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes I use this (I have the paid version) and it is very good here in Spain.

I use Kodi as well, very, very good...but you are still talking bandwidth which for me at my house in Spain is not a problem, but on a site internet....ummmmmmm!!

thanks everyone! not very techy but managed to download the bear..but not very good on site as you say...maybe if i get up in middle of night it wuill be better :D

how much is the paid version plse?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We used "watch tv abroad" for the 6 months we have just spent in Spain £5.99 per month all main channels plus I Players . We did find the tv far better using You Tube it did far less buffering.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have come to the conclusion that basically i'm on the wrong site :)

VPN dont work as constantly bufffer's and drops out dues to poor internet. Aud & Derek some lovely funster's across the road at El Raco have hired a cloud wifi set up from shop opposite...guess what, not available on my site, Arena Blanca.

best choice will probably be to stay La Torretta, going by Dave's comments (good internet and choice of TV channels) so next time might go there....normally don't give a flying re TV, but interested in politics and the election.:censored:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We're off to Spain on Sunday and will miss the election, which I can live with, but annoyingly as we are registered postal voters the postal votes will not be sent out until after we have left.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We're off to Spain on Sunday and will miss the election, which I can live with, but annoyingly as we are registered postal voters the postal votes will not be sent out until after we have left.

My wife fly's home at weekend and has the proxy vote for both myself and my son who is backpacking round south america. Question being can she be trusted to vote for who we want!:D

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
Just tried tunnel bear from Spain it's great , are folk sure it's safe to use .?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back