Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
motorhome insurance due next week, anybody got any ideas on who isthe best and cheapest covr, caravan club, caravan guard, crusader etc

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Adrian Flux, Comfort, NFU, NIG.

depends what cover you want and your personal details ect.

i found CC very expensive. £100+ more than my current insurer. (Soveriegn)

S

stagman

Deleted User
motorhome insurance due next week, anybody got any ideas on who isthe best and cheapest covr, caravan club, caravan guard, crusader etc

I would agree with papajohn CC too expensive .Try RH 08701118963 .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I renewed mine on Friday through Comfort for the first time as they were the cheapest by a long way this year.
Unfortunately, though, there is no alternative to making a list of as many companies as you can and contacting as many as you can for quotes.

When your brain starts to leak from your ears, it's time to stop and choose one.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Cheap motorhome insurance

I'm not sure if it is lucky or unlucky to be over 55 but it certainly is better for vehicle insurance. We have three vehicle insured through Saga and cannot get anyone to beat the price on a like for like basis.
Gleneagle Motorhome 2008 model and I pay £198, Astra SRi 2007 - £118 and a 2008 Corsa SXi at £109. All fully comp with protected NCB and European cover. Even as an Advanced Motorist I've never been able to receive reasonable cover.
Last year I was quoted £365 by CC and after telling them of my Saga quote they said they would do it for the same, how much are these guys making out of us mugs ?
Good Luck,
Wiljoy

Last edited:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Shop around is the name of the game, companies like SAGA are a lot cheaper on line rather than telephone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
C & CC gave us the best deal, even with european breakdown cover were £50 cheaper than the nearest rivals. :Smile:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
One variable is where your MH is stored - at home then your home postcode applies - in storage then some will still use the home postcode others that of the storage facility - daft.

:Sad:
Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back