Alsace and Southern Germany reception (1 Viewer)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Can anyone give me an idea of what, if anything, watchable, I am likely to receive from any satelites or terrestial transmissions heading to Colmar, Freiburg, Fussen region. My dish is only 70 cm ! Don't really want to spend on a bigger one as it is unlikely to get a huge amount of use.

Could I pick up any other satellites as I think Astras' footprint may be out of my capabilities. Should perhaps reconcile ourselves to recording onto hard drive loads of the usual drivel and pray for good weather that would make it all unnecessary. Thanks :)

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
The key is your size dish! We have picked up everything in the region , passing through Ulm and including further south into Austria BUT we have an 85 cm oyster. the camper next to us in Austria had a dome satellite and couldn't pick up anything. Added obstacles in the region which could affect it, despite size of dish include rather large trees and mountains!

That aside here is a link to exceedingly comprehensive satellite settings

http://en.kingofsat.net/

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Thanks Soozy. I have upgraded my LNB to a .1db one and that has improved things considerably. But that is only here in Scotland! Do you mean you were getting Freesat channels ? Down into Austria ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Yep - All the freesat channels you could think of. Definitely all bbc, channel 4, 5, sky news etc. plus about 100 others!!!
itv took a bit of searching eventually found by searching on an itv local eg itv meridian, presume there is an itv Scotland .
However, I stress, van with domed satellite couldn't get a thing

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Thanks Soozy and Joyce or Brian, I will see if I can pick up a reasonable priced 80/90cm dish. Then I might get some golf and fishing in !! (without the guilt trip) :whistle2::whistle2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back