Aire at Vittoria Gasteiz, Northern Spain (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Has anybody used this aire? (No 81 in the Aires book)
We are planning to stop there soon and wondered if anybody has used it before.
In particular I would like to know if there will be any difficulties getting in and out in a 9m Motorhome?

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We used it in December - no problem getting your MH in there. The aire is in the corner of a very large car park and access should not be a problem. There is water, waste and rubbish drop off points. Nice little bars and restaurants all around the place. It may seem busy with lots of people walking about the square etc but after about 10 pm its very quiet despite being in the centre of a city. If the aire is full I think it would be ok to park in the car park as when we were there there were lots of MHs parked up other than in the aire.

Kath

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
NOTE... !
Access is from the main road (dual carriageway)... and although a tightish turn is OK..
DO NOT.. Go down any of the side roads, you will be in a housing estate with no access to the car park and a bloody pain.. Yes that's what me, Canopus and Marjohn did last year.. :rolleyes:

If you approach and see it over on the left, keep going past and up to next roundabout to make the turn back. Dont turn as soon as you see it...
Entrance is more like going over the pathway than a pull in road...
Ok, stopover, busy area with local shops around...(y)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@42.8...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1srHOvSb1BXiYDxitvV5zR0g!2e0

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We just used the directions on the campercontact directions and found it ok. There are signs too. As you say Tonka, the entrance to the car park and Aire is across the footpath.

Kath

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
It is a good stop but remember it is closed on a Wednesday for the local market so Tuesday night until after about 3pm Wednesday is a no go but I am sure there would still be room in the large car park

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We just used the directions on the campercontact directions and found it ok. There are signs too. As you say Tonka, the entrance to the car park and Aire is across the footpath.

Kath
Hmmmm. Is the kerb very high? We only have 4" clearance beneath the exhaust pipe! (Bloody low slung these Alko tag axle hobbies) .
We seem to clobber the exhaust far more frequently than would seem good for its longevity.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
It is a good stop but remember it is closed on a Wednesday for the local market so Tuesday night until after about 3pm Wednesday is a no go but I am sure there would still be room in the large car park
Thanks for that info. It will be Monday night so we should be OK.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hmmmm. Is the kerb very high? We only have 4" clearance beneath the exhaust pipe! (Bloody low slung these Alko tag axle hobbies) .
We seem to clobber the exhaust far more frequently than would seem good for its longevity.

NO... not high.. if you can look at the picture on my link it will all make sense.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks Steve. Makes sense now!
Ps you changed those stockings yet?

LOL.... Yes a few times.... We have great fun every 2 days changing them over... They're not at the Nora batty stage yet...

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There's a great baker right opposite the Aire. You'll see locals stopping all evening to collect their loaves. Also a good boutique wine shop just along the main road (walk left out of the large car park), where you can take an empty bottle or two and fill up with local wine out of the barrel. Keep walking and there's a large park for walkies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back