In praise of live music and Britstops (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Today we returned to UK from our winter sojourn to Spain and Portugal.
We have had a fantastic time in our new to us RMB courtesy of our friend Snowbird.
We arrived via 'my ferry link' and needed somewhere to stay - close to M40 to meet up with and collect Peterborough tickets from my Brother in Law ''Der Growler''. Brit stops suggested the Red Lion at Knotty green, Beaconsfield.

WoW what a night.

A bit of a scrape of the dropped tow hitch to get into the carpark but what the hell. Good plain food, real ale and live music a plenty.

For me open mike night means stand-up (and I bloody love it). This was to be music and I was a bit miffed. Pause.------ I had visions of lots of people who think they can sing but can't. ------ I know some folk think it is the best thing since sliced bread but I don't. [Lugnut's granddaughter is the exception here - she has a phenomenal voice and can perform/entertain like few of her age] . At The Red Lion it was good quality stuff. The 'Dolly Parton'' tribute artist was superb. Others performed material that we all remembered and were able to sing along to or at least mime.

T0 my mind the performance of the night was that of Jack Dean. He is young (that's relative), he is sincere, his lyrics are deep and mean something. I have no idea if I will hear his work again but if I don't I will be very, and I do mean very very sad.

Red Lion - good Britstop
Jack Dean - haven't got the words - Watch Out

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
That's great to hear - but I'm not sure it's good "policy" to identify a Britstop location to those of us who haven't (yet) bought the book?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
That's great to hear - but I'm not sure it's good "policy" to identify a Britstop location to those of us who haven't (yet) bought the book?

Yes Steve asks that you do not give the identity of a Britstop other than by number.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
now that is a great idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements