Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Can I ask, as I intend doing my own servicing, what parts are required over and above the engine oil filter,diesel filter, air filter and engine oil for a major service?
I have read Techno100's advice on the correct tool for the diesel filter change and will be following it.
Thank you
Ian

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Ian, I dont think your 2.8 engine will have the diesel filter that Techno has posted about, I Think its on later engines,

Eric

Upvote 0
OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ian, I dont think your 2.8 engine will have the diesel filter that Techno has posted about, I Think its on later engines,

Eric
Thank you for this------I am having difficulty getting a workshop manual for it at the moment so when I get that resolved I'll check
Ian

Upvote 0

Hogan7777

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 694SL
Exp
Since 1995
Undo the 2 bolts slightly holding the fuel filter on to the bulk head before trying to remove the canister.Makes the job easier.
Polen filter
Grease axle if Alko
PTFE spray to lube gear linkage on rear of box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
didn't think the jtd had a pollen filter. I don't think you need that tool for the diesel filter as thats for the later model, make sure you have a strap wrench to undo the oil filter and I think the oil drain is a large allen key and don't forget to change the washer

joe

Upvote 0

Jimbost

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Rochester Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking for an RV
Exp
MH Since 2011 Caravaning since 1978
If you have an Alko Chassis don't forget to grease the nipples under the rear axle tube each side. This is to lubricate the bearing of the suspension swing arm.

Sorry too late ....just re read Hogan7777 post :)

Jim

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Can I ask, as I intend doing my own servicing, what parts are required over and above the engine oil filter,diesel filter, air filter and engine oil for a major service?
I have read Techno100's advice on the correct tool for the diesel filter change and will be following it.
Thank you
Ian
We have our van (2.8jtd engine) serviced by a mobile mechanic we have known for about 25 years.
Apart from your list, plus the wheel/brake checks and the Alko greasing that others have mentioned, Paul also checks and prepares the van for the MoT and takes it to be tested for us.
Paul has done three services on our van so far (in the last three Januaries). He changed the fuel filter the first time but last year (because of the low mileage we did) he checked it and found it was OK. This year he changed it again as he didn't want to leave it any longer.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
sounds like a useful guy to know.. (y)
We've known Paul since he was an apprentice, Jim, and saw how he was trained. In recent years we've also seen how he trained his nephew, who has now passed all his exams and works with him.
Paul charges a tenner to take the van to the test station (where one of the owners has a motorhome). He does extra underneath checks whilst it is up on the ramp.
He also services a number of other motorhomes in the area now and has bought one himself. It's great to have somebody who knows what he is doing that we can call on and trust (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We've known Paul since he was an apprentice, Jim, and saw how he was trained. In recent years we've also seen how he trained his nephew, who has now passed all his exams and works with him.
Paul charges a tenner to take the van to the test station (where one of the owners has a motorhome). He does extra underneath checks whilst it is up on the ramp.
He also services a number of other motorhomes in the area now and has bought one himself. It's great to have somebody who knows what he is doing that we can call on and trust (y)
Hi GJH- clearly we're essentially just round the corner from you and will store it in TransStore at Middlesbrough.
Can you give Paul's contact details please? Sounds like the chap I might easily need>

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi GJH- clearly we're essentially just round the corner from you and will store it in TransStore at Middlesbrough.
Can you give Paul's contact details please? Sounds like the chap I might easily need>
My pleasure Ian, just click on Broken Link Removed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My pleasure Ian, just click on Broken Link Removed.
Thank you -saved now for when I might need him
Ian

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back