Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi to all you rapido owners
I'm pretty much set on buying one of these with the 8 meter fixed island bed A class being my favourite, are there any known issues with these vans ?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
are there any known issues with these vans ?

NO........... other than my toilet "Full" light stay`s on even when empty...

Superb build quality, and comfy.. and spacious..

Go for a tag axle if you can.... very stable and good load carrying capacity...

Might be selling our`s in August.. :D

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Our last van was a rapido with an island bed. Very nice van, very with few problems, well built.

One issue was weight. Stated MRO was 3100, mgw 3500. Only time I had it weighed it was 3700 in fact, and this was only partially loaded! I can only conclude that MRO was massively over the stated 3100. So check the weights!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
So what's the difference between tag axles and normal axles apart from the obvious number of wheels:D ,we saw the 7. 5 meter version at the nec, we are planning to go to dusseldorf in august to see the 8 meter ones and most probably buy one ,unless we see something that's similar /better ,looking to save a few bob on one bought in the UK

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
So what's the difference between tag axles and normal axles apart from the obvious number of wheels:D ,we saw the 7. 5 meter version at the nec, we are planning to go to dusseldorf in august to see the 8 meter ones and most probably buy one ,unless we see something that's similar /better ,looking to save a few bob on one bought in the UK
In a word.......Payload (y)

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Ours is a 7.4m A class with island bed. We love it, no issues at all so far....

It was the 7.4 m A class at the nec that firmly planted the rapido into our brains ,no other van in that price category came close. We just fancy the extra 0.5 meter, there's only 2 of us and our 3 small dogs , it would take something special to change our minds .

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We love ours. Took nearly 12 months to decide. We looked at TAG axles, but it was a case of getting the thing up our drive. 7.4 m is fine, and the storage is superb.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Had mine 10 years.only two problems up to now.A blind spring unwinding.And the Magiscope gas regulator packed in last week.Great vans.Build quality very good.(y)

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm drooling/dreaming over a 9000, we will be at the peterborough show having a look ,but I will probably wait until the dusseldorf Show to lay down a deposit on a new one ,we took a real shine to them at the nec show ,there was a 7.5 m one there with a fixed double bed .

The conversation between the missus and myself has gone from looking at one to buying one :cheers: , she's now talking about renting out the house and us going on a long tour:party:
Hearing all the right noises about rapidos:france:

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
2.3 fiat in mine. 130 bhp.
Going to have it "seen to" although it goes ok. It's just me, I'm used to my 200bhp skoda estate ......
The new 2.3 have 150 bhp though.
It seems aswell, that it's us Brits that spec the 3 litre more than our European
Counterparts.
But as your looking to buy new, you can spec what u want. ....

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What engine size do you guys have , is the smaller 2.2 engine enough or would you suggest the 3. 0 version?

We have the 2.3 engine @150bhp in ours and I find it has all the power I need. I've not found a hill it has struggled with yet and it will happily reach and cruise at much higher speeds than I usually drive at. I've not bothered working out exact mpg figures for it yet but it doesn't seem particularly thirsty.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi mine is 6-83m with a 3litre Auto-box love it, took ages to get the right van as size was important regarding ferries living on the Isle Of Man.
Build quality excellent,storage excellent,driving a breeze,you could say I am biased,yes I am:LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well been watching this thread with interest.
Been to view a lovely looking 999m which ticks all the boxes on a 3-0L merc. all leather and lovely looking. Offered a nice price for mine subject to viewing, if they stand by their price I could be a Rapido owner by the end of the week. Been a lover of them for some time and having had my Bessie for 4 years now I fancied a change and an A class with quality and the lay out I wanted. I will be sad to see bessie go if it comes off as no matter what people say about british vans mines been a treasure and I have loved owning it, if the deal does not come off I will have no hesitation in keeping it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
well been watching this thread with interest.
Been to view a lovely looking 999m which ticks all the boxes on a 3-0L merc. all leather and lovely looking. Offered a nice price for mine subject to viewing, if they stand by their price I could be a Rapido owner by the end of the week. Been a lover of them for some time and having had my Bessie for 4 years now I fancied a change and an A class with quality and the lay out I wanted. I will be sad to see bessie go if it comes off as no matter what people say about british vans mines been a treasure and I have loved owning it, if the deal does not come off I will have no hesitation in keeping it.

Dunno about the 3 litre Merc bit but our Rapido is spot on. Can't fault it at all. (y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Probably vastly more expensive parts and service but you can afford it (y)
I'd have one ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back